Re: SCP-860-1 (The Forest)

Oh, another interesting idea is to have random changing wind in the forest and you can see where its heading from things blowing around. Leaves, small twigs, etc. so things like your scent and other scents like blood from you bleeding or something else will attract the monster even more.
I am the man who is bored.

I am the boredman.

I saw the video of the forest (SCP-860-1) and damn that looks amazing! I wonder what zone that would be in though and what reason would make us get the key. As others have posted, it could be a shortcut to Gate A or B. Would it be possible though if (this is just a suggestion) that if it's in the light containment zone, it can provide a shortcut to the entrance zone instead? Or perhaps a high-level keycard can be obtained or some new item of sorts in the room beyond the door? It could be completely random as well too (the door being an SCP itself, maybe?) I don't know but I'm excited for it!
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

it'd be interesting if there was a cinematic introducing the monster, like if you walk through the door you'll get pushed out of the way bye a scientist who then runs into the distance and dissapears, you then hear a loud roar like noise or whatever the monster sounds like and the scientist screaming, then back to silence.

autotroph wrote:I saw the video of the forest (SCP-860-1) and damn that looks amazing! I wonder what zone that would be in though and what reason would make us get the key. As others have posted, it could be a shortcut to Gate A or B. Would it be possible though if (this is just a suggestion) that if it's in the light containment zone, it can provide a shortcut to the entrance zone instead? Or perhaps a high-level keycard can be obtained or some new item of sorts in the room beyond the door? It could be completely random as well too (the door being an SCP itself, maybe?) I don't know but I'm excited for it!
The door in the containment room of 860 can only be opened with the key as far as I know, so it's necessary to cross the forest in order to get through the room. Having it as a shortcut to another zone would be uncanon and kinda ruin the game.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote:
autotroph wrote:I saw the video of the forest (SCP-860-1) and damn that looks amazing! I wonder what zone that would be in though and what reason would make us get the key. As others have posted, it could be a shortcut to Gate A or B. Would it be possible though if (this is just a suggestion) that if it's in the light containment zone, it can provide a shortcut to the entrance zone instead? Or perhaps a high-level keycard can be obtained or some new item of sorts in the room beyond the door? It could be completely random as well too (the door being an SCP itself, maybe?) I don't know but I'm excited for it!
The door in the containment room of 860 can only be opened with the key as far as I know, so it's necessary to cross the forest in order to get through the room. Having it as a shortcut to another zone would be uncanon and kinda ruin the game.
Hmm I see. I guess that's fair enough since Gates A and B are easy to find well enough in the game. Kinda hoping and not hoping though that there's a possibility I'd end up in an endroom after I get through, perhaps?
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Yeah.. I don't hope that 860 is one of those have to go through to get to the next room deals, cause it could, like autotroph said, just lead to a end room and waste a ton of time. I was thinking that perhaps the door in the containment chamber is optional, but to progress later on in the game, there's a locked wooden door you have to get through, like in front of a new Gate or something, maybe even Gate A, since it's not very difficult to escape just yet. And when you enter in the second time, the forest clearing takes on the violent reddish mist in the later exploration logs.
It slep time bunner.

Maybe it could be be something like a researcher with a important item(like a keycard) locked himself in a room with a wooden door and took the "normal" key with him. So you need to use the blue key to gain access. After you get through the forest and end up on the other side. You find the researcher who gives you the key card, or maybe he died somehow and you loot his corpse thus allowing you to progress.
Email me at [email protected] if you need art done.

Just a random idea - I think that there should be a small part shortly after you enter the forest where a scientist runs past you into the fog ahead, panting and screaming something like "Shit, it's coming! It's coming!". After that, you could find his (or perhaps HER, since we have no female NPCs yet) torn and bloodied body with some sort of useful item next to it. Only then will be catch a glimpse of the monster, which is then followed by a dramatic chase where your character runs faster than normal, and has a lot more stamina temporarily, which could also take longer to 'recharge'.