Re: V.0.9.3 Bugs

I just downloaded 0.9.3 after realizing that I had 0.8.2, and I get this strange, flickering text. It makes my eyes hurt and makes it a pain to read everything. I tried re installing the fonts and tweaking the ini file, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else (other than firefox) come across this bug or found a way to fix it?

Sorry for the lack of pictures, and thanks for taking time out of your day to develop this amazing free game.

RancidBuffalo wrote:I just downloaded 0.9.3 after realizing that I had 0.8.2, and I get this strange, flickering text. It makes my eyes hurt and makes it a pain to read everything. I tried re installing the fonts and tweaking the ini file, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else (other than firefox) come across this bug or found a way to fix it?

Sorry for the lack of pictures, and thanks for taking time out of your day to develop this amazing free game.
You should delete the old files and download the new one instead of "patching" the old stuff since some of what the old version had disappeared in the new version.

Hope it helps!

RancidBuffalo wrote:I Re-Downloaded the game, but to no avail; the text still flickers.
This doesn't happen in 0.8.2; has anyone else experienced flickering text with the new update?
I can't remember where, but someone else also reported flickering text, i don't remember who or where though.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

I've tried updating my graphics driver, restarting my computer, adjusting my graphics settings from the Nvidia control panel, etc.

Nothing has worked so far.

Does anyone else here use GeForce GPUs? Do you experience the same problem?

I would be fine using 1.8.2, but then my mod won't be of much use to anyone else once it's complete.

So, I kinda figuered out the reason for my low framerate issue (see this post)
On Win8.1 I only got 20-24 fps despite having quite some strong hardware (i7, GTX780,SSD-Raid,...).
I now tested the Game on an older Harddrive with a Win7 x64 System installed, and there it is pretty smooth again with 60fps.
But under Win8.1 x64 it's not that smooth, even when launched with Win7 compatibility mode.

Is there a way to fix this?

SCP-500 wrote:
RancidBuffalo wrote:I Re-Downloaded the game, but to no avail; the text still flickers.
This doesn't happen in 0.8.2; has anyone else experienced flickering text with the new update?
I can't remember where, but someone else also reported flickering text, i don't remember who or where though.
Hi!

I experienced it with both 0.9.2 and 0.9.3, and I'm using an nVidia card too.
Could somebody toss me a link of v0.9? It was pretty stable on my machine.