Re: Scp 049 spawns out of nowhere

Going to corroborate this one a bit. This is with the 1.3.11 version using the seed of dedo. I've had one instance where I'm in SCP-914 (coming from the HCZ back to the LCZ) to upgrade my first aid kit into the smaller, more refined version; alongside the Night Vision Goggles and take a risk with a spare keycard to get the Omni one (very low chance I know but I wanted to test). Problem was after 2 times I used the machine, SCP-049 suddenly popped up in the middle of the room and killed me. I reloaded the save and tested this once more and yet again he popped up. But if I use the machine just once, then move away from the room he doesn't show nearby there. Otherwise the S-Nav (who I've already upgraded to ultimate prior to all of this) would have shown him being nearby already.

EDIT: Mark's 58th SCP:CB video seems to imply that SCP-049 can go through Tesla gates. Is this intended, or did he find a different path at the time? And if he is to go through the Tesla gate he should be either dead or at least zapped to stop temporarily there right? Can't see it in the changelogs but maybe I just missed that.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Re: Scp 049 spawns out of nowhere

autotroph wrote:Going to corroborate this one a bit. This is with the 1.3.11 version using the seed of dedo. I've had one instance where I'm in SCP-914 (coming from the HCZ back to the LCZ) to upgrade my first aid kit into the smaller, more refined version; alongside the Night Vision Goggles and take a risk with a spare keycard to get the Omni one (very low chance I know but I wanted to test). Problem was after 2 times I used the machine, SCP-049 suddenly popped up in the middle of the room and killed me. I reloaded the save and tested this once more and yet again he popped up. But if I use the machine just once, then move away from the room he doesn't show nearby there. Otherwise the S-Nav (who I've already upgraded to ultimate prior to all of this) would have shown him being nearby already.

EDIT: Mark's 58th SCP:CB video seems to imply that SCP-049 can go through Tesla gates. Is this intended, or did he find a different path at the time? And if he is to go through the Tesla gate he should be either dead or at least zapped to stop temporarily there right? Can't see it in the changelogs but maybe I just missed that.
Indeed, he does not get zapped by the Tesla Gate.
I'm guessing it's because it would be either too easy and they wanted to keep 049 stalking the player instead of being zapped and no longer stalking you which makes the game more or so a tad dificult.
Or it could be that they have not yet scripted in a death for 049 when he passes through the Tesla gate.