2 January 2020 Unable to pass through SCP 173 at Heavy Containment Zone (probably a scripted event failure) [1.3.11]

[I apologize for any grammar mistake, I am from Argentina].

Seed: 0nvv

I was playing normally until i reached what seemed to me as an scripted event with SCP 173 (i will explain later why i think this was the case). I was at H.C.Z. In a small room with a lift to the maintenance tunnel, a large blast door (which i hadn't the code number for), and a door that lent to a hall with T shape but only one door at the end. Both doors were closed and i just got off the lift. When I opened the door I encounter SCP 173, so I proceeded to close the door, blink, open it again, and I tried staring at SCP 173 while I moved backwards in order to reach the other door, but as soon as I stepped into the hall, my neck was snapped by SCP 173, although I was staring at it and had a full blink-meter. I didn't understand what happened so I baited him outside the hall, but it didn't work. I tried this several times in different ways, but I managed to overcome it doing the following:

1-Bait 173 outside the hall.
2-Slowly walk backwards towards the door.
3-As soon as I could I pressed the door button while staring at 173 (this took several tries because as i said, as soon as I stepped into the hall, my neck was snapped by 173, although I was staring at it).

I pressed the button, the door closed, and I turn, and I made a single step into the hall, and almost immediately the lights shut off , and when they turned on SCP 173 was in front of me (after this I continued playing normally).
This is why i said that it was probably a scripted event failure with 173.
My guess is that because 173 was with me when the lights shut, he snapped my neck (although when i died all lights were on), I overcome this shutting his way towards me before the lights when off (via trapping him in the adjacent room).

I hope everything was well understood, if not, ask me what you need.

Re: 2 January 2020 Unable to pass through SCP 173 at Heavy Containment Zone (probably a scripted event failure) [1.3.11

rico6822 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:29 pm
This happens sometimes. If you have SCP-1499 put it on and wait some time before taking it of. Once you are inside it's dimension absolutely don't move unless you are being attacked for some reason.
I didn't have such SCP, although I know that it exists. And the lift didn't work for some reason, and as I said I didn't have the code to pass through the blast door
My only way out was by the hall where 173 was.

Re: 2 January 2020 Unable to pass through SCP 173 at Heavy Containment Zone (probably a scripted event failure) [1.3.11

VortexBeater wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:46 pm
rico6822 wrote:
This happens sometimes. If you have SCP-1499 put it on and wait some time before taking it of. Once you are inside it's dimension absolutely don't move unless you are being attacked for some reason.
I didn't have such SCP, although I know that it exists. And the lift didn't work for some reason, and as I said I didn't have the code to pass through the blast door
I have no idea if this bug will be ever fixed. Try to find SCP-1499 in LCZ. You will need a level 3 keycard or higher. Additionally if you put it on while SCP-106 is around he will despawn. Doesn't work on other NPC but you can wait them out. The door for level 4 keycard contain nothing expect a note. If you are playing in euclid difficulty you can use monitor inside to save.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

rico6822 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:50 pm
VortexBeater wrote:
rico6822 wrote:
I have no idea if this bug will be ever fixed. Try to find SCP-1499 in LCZ. You will need a level 3 keycard or higher. Additionally if you put it on while SCP-106 is around he will despawn. Doesn't work on other NPC but you can wait them out. The door for level 4 keycard contain nothing expect a note. If you are playing in euclid difficulty you can use monitor inside to save.
I think this should be fixed, because imagine a player playing in Keter mode that gets killed by that for no reason, that's completely unfair. I myself didn't rage because I saved just before that, but I would have definitely done that if I hadn't saved.
Thanks for your advices as well.

VortexBeater wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:55 pm
rico6822 wrote:
VortexBeater wrote:

I think this should be fixed, because imagine a player playing in Keter mode that gets killed by that for no reason, that's completely unfair. I myself didn't rage because I saved just before that, but I would have definitely done that if I hadn't saved.
You can create a copy of your save file from your save file folder before executing riskful moves. Useful on Keter. I know it's cheating but this game is already cheating by itself.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

rico6822 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:57 pm
VortexBeater wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:55 pm
rico6822 wrote:

You can create a copy of your save file from your save file folder before executing riskful moves. Useful on Keter. I know it's cheating but this game is already cheating by itself.
The game is the one that should prevent unfair events like this, not the player by doing tricky stuff in the game folder.