Re: Quick Guidelines for Posting Bug Reports

it wont let me make a new post....
I have a bug that's driving me nuts! SCP 106. I contained him 2 days ago ( yes I know it was for sure done correctly) . After trapping him in the electric field or w/e you want to call it I explored the area and such with him never showing up. He showed up on my NAV Ultimate only when I got close to where he was trapped. PLus it says online that if you fail to trap him he will immediately come after you (he didn't). Needless to say, I loaded my save today (yes I did in fact save after that/ I saved multiple times diff. places afterwards) and today much to my horror and surprise SCP 106 freaking comes out of the floor.... what the hell... he isn't suppsed to be able to get out unless I release him by turning off the magnet field lever. I went through all that trouble to contain him why is this happening? Please fix this bug. ALso fix this forum. I couldn't even post a new topic...
I am using the latest version 1.1.4 Patched with 1.1.5. I tried searching and did not find anyone else with this issue. I will try to contain him AGAIN however it said online that you cant do it again after the first time, I don't know if that is true or what but someone please let me know. EMail += [email protected]
since I probably wont be on this forum for a while.

BLACK SCREEN UPON LAUNCH!

Hi y'all, new guy here...

First off: How are we supposed to post bugs that are unsimilar to threads already made if we aren't allowed to post threads till after 3 replies...? That's like asking us to spam some random thread with posts, just so we can start a new thread that actually handles the unique issues one might have? How likely is it that a robot actually breaches this forum to spam links? No disrespect, but honestly, the rules are kinda odd...

Now then, over to the main issue at hand, which is simply this: The game launches into a black screen, sound and everything is heard in the background but the screen remains black. I've tried to manually configure the resolution in the .ini file handling the resolution and such, but still no positive results. I'm running the game on my Alienware laptop with Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980M on Windows 10, so actually running the game shouldn't really be a problem. I tried overriding the global settings and tried running it with the Intel gpu, but still nothing. I may however run the game if I edit the settings so that it will run in a window, but who in their right mind would wanna do that? It's a horror game for crying out loud. Kinda ruins the horror of it, with windows in the background...

Hope someone could shed some light on my situation, so that I may finally see what the fuss about SCP is all about. FYI I'm running the latest version available on the site, which is supposedly v1.2.3, but the readme file says 1.2.2.

Sidenote: If your bug is a memory access violation that was raised before you took control of your character, 95% of the time it's because you aren't letting the program access the game assets. Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3617
Sorry for posting here. I know that if a thread hasn't been posted in for a long time I should leave it alone, but I wanted to ask something.

In the current version of SCP:CB 1.3.1, I've been having a problem with the maps I created on the map creator not wanting to load when I try to test them out, and I get a MAV crash just before I'm able to take control of my character in his cell.

If it's possible that it's because of the reason you mentioned in the quote, I want to figure out how to fix that. But the thread you listed doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Blue Mist 860 wrote:
Sidenote: If your bug is a memory access violation that was raised before you took control of your character, 95% of the time it's because you aren't letting the program access the game assets. Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3617
Sorry for posting here. I know that if a thread hasn't been posted in for a long time I should leave it alone, but I wanted to ask something.

In the current version of SCP:CB 1.3.1, I've been having a problem with the maps I created on the map creator not wanting to load when I try to test them out, and I get a MAV crash just before I'm able to take control of my character in his cell.

If it's possible that it's because of the reason you mentioned in the quote, I want to figure out how to fix that. But the thread you listed doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Can you send us this map, so we can test it?