Re: Dealing with Memory Access Violations

Vane Brain wrote:
BoomiCat wrote:Hi everyone. I hope that somebody can see this because it looks like this thread is quite old now...

Anyway, when I open SCP in Wine on my Mac I can use the launcher and launch the game, but when a try to load a new game it loads to 45% and then gives me a Memory Access Violation error message.

If anybody can see this, can you please help me!
Thanks.
SCPCB works perfectly on WINE if DLL "allcodecs" is installed from the winetricks wineprefix DLL installation menu.
I opened Winetricks from the Wine drop-down menu in the menu bar but it only comes up with an Adobe Air installation. How do I get to Wineprefixes as there is nothing that says "DLL" or "allcodecs" Do you use Wine or WineBottler to get to "winetricks"?

Edit: I looked around on the web and some people were saying to get to the proper winetricks menu with all of the dlls, you have to install winetricks in terminal... It didn't work. Please help!

FMODDLLMISSING wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:25 am
I have the same problem, i first had the problem where fmod.dll was missing but i managed to fix it but now i have the Memory acces violation problem
info: I run it on winrar and i dont know if the problem is winrar and im in windows 8.1
please help
Create a new folder, put all the contents of the winrar on the folder then try running it. It worked for me.

BoomiCat wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:39 pm
Vane Brain wrote:
BoomiCat wrote:Hi everyone. I hope that somebody can see this because it looks like this thread is quite old now...

Anyway, when I open SCP in Wine on my Mac I can use the launcher and launch the game, but when a try to load a new game it loads to 45% and then gives me a Memory Access Violation error message.

If anybody can see this, can you please help me!
Thanks.
SCPCB works perfectly on WINE if DLL "allcodecs" is installed from the winetricks wineprefix DLL installation menu.
I opened Winetricks from the Wine drop-down menu in the menu bar but it only comes up with an Adobe Air installation. How do I get to Wineprefixes as there is nothing that says "DLL" or "allcodecs" Do you use Wine or WineBottler to get to "winetricks"?

Edit: I looked around on the web and some people were saying to get to the proper winetricks menu with all of the dlls, you have to install winetricks in terminal... It didn't work. Please help!
I've started to use Parallels Desktop and it works amazingly, a whole lot better than all the trouble I had with setting it up from Wine. :roll:
Thank you for everyone who has tried to help anyway!

wayl0n wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:08 pm
BoomiCat wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:56 pm
wayl0n wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm
i only get this message when i try to use "playmusic" in the console. any help?
Hi, this issue has been dealt with 2 years ago now :P
Thnx for the suggestion but the issue's been solved.
Have a good one!
yeah, but how do you solve it??
Ah well if you're using Wine to play it, I don't know how to fix this error but if you are able to use a VM such as Parallels, I would definitely suggest it as SCP:CB was meant for Windows (which I'm sure you know) and installing it on its intended platform is usually the way to go.
I, personally, got fed up of using Parallels because it was pretty laggy due to the fact that it used up pretty much all my computer's resources so I have had a dual-partition on my iMac for quite a while as having the actual Windows OS is so much better.

If you're on Windows and you're getting this issue: I'm surprised if none of the many suggestions above can help, but I can't help you with the error myself as I never fully understood its cause.
Hope you can get it running soon.