Re: Memory Access Violation when entering 079`s chamber

xreconman9x wrote:Upon the occasional MAV`s i get while playing the game,
I get a Memory Access violation every single time i enter 079`s chamber regardless if i had deactivated the remote door control system.
This is also really aggravating as 079 is required to beat the game. :079:
Many have had that problem. The only solution I've found besides following this guide, is to noclip into the chamber without noclipping through the door.

Re: Dealing with Memory Access Violations

Hi.

So, I've been trying to play v1.1.5. My MAV problem does occur at various times. But the one I'd like to figure out is when it happens in the
maintenance tunnels/sewer looking place. It's were I find the night vision googles and the single red pill (SCP-500). Anyway, when I put a battery
into the googles and then put them on, I get the black screen and the error window on my desktop.

I've tried the standard fixes for both this and the other times I've run into this problem. Compatibility, run as admin, disable debugging, etc.

Any insights? I'm on Windows 8.1 btw.

ajn9494 wrote: So, I've been trying to play v1.1.5. My MAV problem does occur at various times. But the one I'd like to figure out is when it happens in the
maintenance tunnels/sewer looking place. It's were I find the night vision googles and the single red pill (SCP-500). Anyway, when I put a battery
into the googles and then put them on, I get the black screen and the error window on my desktop.

I've tried the standard fixes for both this and the other times I've run into this problem. Compatibility, run as admin, disable debugging, etc.

Any insights? I'm on Windows 8.1 btw.
Not sure
Last edited by AgentParadox on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KirbyMario12345 wrote: Windows 8.1 does really badly with SCP Containment Breach, because SCPCB uses Direct X 7 whereas Windows 8.1 is DX11/DX12.
The fuck are you getting your information from.

Containment Breach runs fine on Windows 8.1, it's really just the screen bug where the bottom half of your screen in fullscreen is flickering like crazy. It doesn't do badly, it's just the occasional shitty-bug from time-to-time, something that's known for this game.

It's not only Containment Breach that uses DirectX7, it's Blitz3D overall. There's also a DirectX9 and 11 port of it going on the one BlitzForums, but I doubt that's getting anywhere.

And, the game runs fine. Even though this computer (and that I just learned) doesn't have DirectX12, but DirectX11. And, like I said, it runs fine. I also tested this with a lot of my friends on Skype, I can give you all the test information in a quick format, just PM me.

I've even got a friend to get a Spectre PC, which HAS DirectX12, and it runs perfectly.

:|
Last edited by Nehpys on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SyphenTV wrote:
KirbyMario12345 wrote: Windows 8.1 does really badly with SCP Containment Breach, because SCPCB uses Direct X 7 whereas Windows 8.1 is DX11/DX12.

Containment Breach runs fine on Windows 8.1, it's really just the screen bug where the bottom half of your screen in fullscreen is flickering like crazy. It doesn't do badly, it's just the occasional shitty-bug from time-to-time, something that's known for this game.

It's not only Containment Breach that uses DirectX7, it's Blitz3D overall. There's also a DirectX9 and 11 port of it going on the one BlitzForums, but I doubt that's getting anywhere.

And, the game runs fine. Even though this computer (and that I just learned) doesn't have DirectX12, but DirectX11. And, like I said, it runs fine. I also tested this with a lot of my friends on Skype, we can all give you our test information.

I've even got a friend to get a Spectre PC, which HAS DirectX12, and it runs perfectly.

https://youtu.be/tRVUOGUmxJI?t=7s
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.

slender1200 wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:

And, the game runs fine. Even though this computer (and that I just learned) doesn't have DirectX12, but DirectX11. And, like I said, it runs fine. I also tested this with a lot of my friends on Skype, we can all give you our test information.

https://youtu.be/tRVUOGUmxJI?t=7s

How is it wrong? I've tested it with at least 4 other PC's, and it runs fine. The forth being the Spectre or whatever the hell it's called. PM me, I can give some quick results, like I said.

SyphenTV wrote:How is it wrong? I've tested it with at least 4 other PC's, and it runs fine. The forth being the Spectre or whatever the hell it's called. PM me, I can give some quick results, like I said.
Did you read CommanderPro100's post? He appears to be right.
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.