Re: v1.0 bugs, annoyances and more

Regalis wrote:Sounds awesome, at what FPS was it running before that? Code plz? :)
It used to run at 50 FPS without the FPS limit. Here's the modified source code, I also added this dll, which may or may not help with performance issues on Windows 8 (I'm not sure of what it does, and I don't have Windows 8 so I can't test it). Some bump mapping bugs have also been fixed, the game doesn't crash anymore and they look a bit better than v0.9.3.

Edit: For all Windows 8 users who see this: please download this and test it, and tell me if there are any performance improvements

Fixed the SCP-970 bug with a sort-of a workaround, I just placed invisible "bumpers" around the door frame to stop the player from colliding with it, and it seems to be working perfectly.
juanjpro wrote:
Regalis wrote:Sounds awesome, at what FPS was it running before that? Code plz? :)
It used to run at 50 FPS without the FPS limit. Here's the modified source code, I also added this dll, which may or may not help with performance issues on Windows 8 (I'm not sure of what it does, and I don't have Windows 8 so I can't test it). Some bump mapping bugs have also been fixed, the game doesn't crash anymore and they look a bit better than v0.9.3.

Edit: For all Windows 8 users who see this: please download this and test it, and tell me if there are any performance improvements
Nice work again, I got a boost from around 50 FPS to 60 FPS as well. Hopefully that dll will fix the issues with Windows 8 users...

I think I'll still do some more bughunting and upload 1.0.1 tomorrow.

Here are a few more bugs I found:
  • The elevators in the maintenance tunnels are likely to teleport the player the wrong way, sometimes they will fall through the floor because of that (it's because the pivots have the wrong rotations, a few edits to FillRoom should fix it)
  • SCP-860's door doesn't have any collision properties
  • It's possible for SCP-860 to make a path towards the void (forcing the tiles at the edges to be slopes should fix that)

Regalis wrote:Fixed the SCP-970 bug with a sort-of a workaround, I just placed invisible "bumpers" around the door frame to stop the player from colliding with it, and it seems to be working perfectly.
juanjpro wrote:

Nice work again, I got a boost from around 50 FPS to 60 FPS as well. Hopefully that dll will fix the issues with Windows 8 users...

I think I'll still do some more bughunting and upload 1.0.1 tomorrow.
Great because I got a vid about the beast in 860-1 running around and killing me when I was in the 939 elevator.

I did a little sound effect editing to make the video more fun.

[youtube]watch?v=cOWN57KEY4o&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Last edited by ApplePiah on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juanjpro wrote:It used to run at 50 FPS without the FPS limit. Here's the modified source code, I also added this dll, which may or may not help with performance issues on Windows 8 (I'm not sure of what it does, and I don't have Windows 8 so I can't test it). Some bump mapping bugs have also been fixed, the game doesn't crash anymore and they look a bit better than v0.9.3.

MUCH better! The game runs pretty steady at 56-58 FPS, let's just say that's much better than the 16-21 FPS I was getting before. :106:

Also, this isn't much of a bug, but the guardconvo sounds originate only from the guard in front of you, which makes dialogue sound like it's between D-9341 and the guard in front. I guess this was an oversight (though it was something I was worried about) on my part. I guess you could split up all of the dialogue tracks into two tracks, for each guard to play simultaneously from different origins. It's far from gamebreaking, or even immersion breaking, but it's pretty misleading.
It slep time bunner.

ApplePiah wrote:I run on 36 - 50 FPS with juan's source code. Why?
There might be something else that is causing this. Are there any specific moments when the game is slowing down a lot? Since my PC is fairly powerful I don't think I'd be able to find the bugs myself.

I think the problem might be related to the maintenance tunnels, I think collision checking is executed for them even when you're not close. I should've probably fixed that myself.

juanjpro wrote:
ApplePiah wrote:I run on 36 - 50 FPS with juan's source code. Why?
There might be something else that is causing this. Are there any specific moments when the game is slowing down a lot? Since my PC is fairly powerful I don't think I'd be able to find the bugs myself.

I think the problem might be related to the maintenance tunnels, I think collision checking is executed for them even when you're not close. I should've probably fixed that myself.
Okay thanks! There aren't really that many things running but when I record without the Stable FPS, it always goes to zero than comes back up unlike SCP 1.0.0 without the stable FPS.

Also does this support fraps?

As for you juicey, That seems pretty funny! Sadly no one checked out my bug before this.

Also, a couple of other bugs(?):

-Eric's toy tends to duplicate, I'd assume it does this when the player reloads a game, since I've seen as many as 5 at a time.

-049 seems to get stuck in his little surgery room once the power feed or generator is activated.
It slep time bunner.

I can confirm the S-NAV bug still exists. Here's screenshot for proof. Also, the blink and sprint meter outlines are missing while in full screen. If you open console, there is white area where the text input area is supposed to be.
Spoiler