[1.0.4] Falling down at the stairs - 106 room

1. Bug: falling down at the first stairs after the catwalk in 106 containment chamber.
2. Version: 1.0.4
3. Map seed: likbh (Other map seeds I played so far doesn't encounter this bug)
4. Severity: Game doesn't crash, but becomes unplayable due to the fall, tested on my HP Pavilion dv6 Win7 laptop and iMac late 2013 Win7 of my friend. The bug happens every time - restarting game and loading the saved game with seed likbh, restarting and creating a new game with the seed likbh.

5. Steps to reproduce the bug :
  • Extract the 1.0.3 original archive and patch it with the 1.0.4 downloaded patch. (not tested yet the original 1.0.4 archive - it should be the same)
    Create a new game with map seed likbh. Option bump mapping doesn't matter. Disable intro sequence.
    Get to 106 containment chamber. Using console commands doesn't matter.
    Go to the end of the catwalk, walk down the stairs to the first lower platform.
    Fall.
6. Some information for reference:
The debughud room before the fall (more info on debuhhud is in youtube link below):
  • room: room106
    status1:0
    status2:1
    status3:0
    Room Coordinates: 10.0 9.0
After the fall:
  • room: room035
    status2:0
    other statuses are the same
    Room Coordinates: 9.0 8.0
My actual game save: http://www.mediafire.com/view/v5wq1j1z36w283k/save.txt
The screenshot of the 106 containment chamber location on S-nav (including the spot where i fell - in the cirle on the left):
Spoiler
Recorded moment of the bug (with debughud on), direct link to Youtube- http://youtu.be/hmotGztJ97s?t=44s:
Spoiler

My compatibility options for the executable:
Spoiler
HP laptop specs:
  • HP Pavilion dv6 notebook
    Intel Core i5 2.3GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics: AMD Radeon 6770M
My Options.ini:
Spoiler
[options]
width = 640
height = 480
fullscreen = true
gfx driver = 1
audio driver = 0
brightness = 100
show FPS = 0
framelimit=50
mouse sensitivity = 0.0
invert mouse y = 0
;1.0 = full volume, 0.0 = muted
music volume = 0.48
camera fog near = 0.5
camera fog far = 8.0
fog r = 0
fog g = 0
fog b = 0
map size = 18
bump mapping enabled = 0
anisotropy=1
antialias=1
HUD enabled = 1
Right key = 32
Left key = 30
Up key = 17
Down key = 31
Blink key = 57
Sprint key = 42
Inventory key = 15
Crouch key = 29

[launcher]
launcher width = 640
launcher height = 480
launcher enabled = false
Edit 1: Added Youtube link, as the movie doesn't load for me when opening spoiler.
Last edited by lumix on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [1.0.4] Falling down at the stairs - 106 room

lumix wrote:1. Bug: falling down at the first stairs after the catwalk in 106 containment chamber.
2. Version: 1.0.4
3. Map seed: likbh (Other map seeds I played so far doesn't encounter this bug)
4. Severity: Game doesn't crash, but becomes unplayable due to the fall, tested on my HP Pavilion dv6 Win7 laptop and iMac late 2013 Win7 of my friend. The bug happens every time - restarting game and loading the saved game with seed likbh, restarting and creating a new game with the seed likbh.

5. Steps to reproduce the bug :
  • Extract the 1.0.3 original archive and patch it with the 1.0.4 downloaded patch. (not tested yet the original 1.0.4 archive - it should be the same)
    Create a new game with map seed likbh. Option bump mapping doesn't matter. Disable intro sequence.
    Get to 106 containment chamber. Using console commands doesn't matter.
    Go to the end of the catwalk, walk down the stairs to the first lower platform.

I noticed that you were experiencing the same flickering glitch I had when I entered 106's room. Did you go down to 939's room and back up??? It would be totally awesome if you can confirm this.
See related topic:
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4111