[1.0.4] 173 falling through the floor; bump mapping disabled

What it is: Basically SCP-173 falling through the floor and reappearing near me.

What I've done: I was supposed to post this already weeks ago, but sadly it's only now that I've been able to post this. (NOTE: As far as I can remember, I had bump mapping disabled during the entire time the events below have happened. If it still happens with bump mapping enabled, well...)

So I tried mariaromah as a seed (don't ask why) and I got two 173 falling through the floor bugs. The first one was in the LCZ nearby the lockroom. I got this at a point in the map where after the closet room (where 173 kills two guys 95% of the time), I immediately encounter the lockroom, where if I get out of the lockroom I suddenly get killed by 173. So I decided to look back at the lockroom, and for some weird reason, I see 173 falling through the floor nearby the button to open the lockroom doors. Then he suddenly pops up at me and kills me if I turned away.

Now it's one thing if it happened once (even though it's really frustrating), but it's another thing that it happened TWICE. It happened again, and this time, that's on my uploaded save. I got through the checkpoint hallway where I encounter the pipes room (thankfully, 106 doesn't pop up!) But then I encounter the tunnel where 173 pops up after the lights go out :/ So yeah I get away from him but when I do I get killed by him suddenly AGAIN. So I opened the door while I still looked at him, where he fell through the floor and suddenly appeared in front of my face.

What the hell.

P.S. Patching 1.0 with the 1.0.4 update compared to downloading the entire 1.0.4 version itself seems to produce a difference when it comes to loading saves and stuff. So I tried downloading the entire 1.0.4 version, where I directly extracted and replaced my patched 1.0 with 1.0.4 files with the true 1.0.4 version and tried playing the game. When I loaded my save file however I got a MAV when the loading screen went to 45%. It works fully fine however, when I use the 1.0 patched with 1.0.4 version (thanks to system restore I got it back). The 'mariaromah' seed itself didn't cause a problem when I tried a new game on the true 1.0.4 version copy.

With that one caveat solved by system restore, I tried going through the 173 tunnel spawn again; this time, though, it got even weirder. When the lights went off he didn't appear inside the tunnel, so I thought I was simply deceived, so I moved forward and encountered the server room, but when I tried to look back, 173 snaps my head AGAIN. By the time I've done this I've gone back to my 1.0.4-patched 1.0 copy (by re-replacing my SCP:CB files again). Is my rereplacing causing problems?

If it helps though I have the save file for that here:

Sorry if my bug report is not detailed enough. Oh and my specs from dxdiag are:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/26/2014, 10:32:21
Machine name: [REDACTED]
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.31F.6A
Processor: AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3562MB RAM
Page File: 2006MB used, 5114MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Sorry, I also have no pictures, and I was unable to record any video of this happening.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Re: [1.0.4] 173 falling through the floor; bump mapping disa

I suspect that it had something to do with bumpmapping disabled. I had something very similar happen to me a few times where I was walking through a hallway, and S-Nav Ultimate was telling me that 173 was in the next room (close proximity flashing red circle on the S-Nav w/ "173" labeled on it). I opened the door to the next room, and he wasn't there... :? So I closed the door, F5 saved, opened the door, and walked halfway into the empty hallway. As soon as I reached about halfway into the hallway, 173 ninja jumps me from above and kills me. :laugh: It really freaked me out.

I would try downloading a fresh copy of 1.0.4, play your mapseed from that new folder (don't extract any files from the new folder to the old one), and have bumpmapping enabled. See if you still get the bug. If not, great, but if you do, try a different mapseed. You might just have a bad mapseed.

Also, play your mapseed on different setting like compatibility mode (XP SP3) and running as administrator. Your bug report description is really really good, but now you need to do some testing. :)

I got a similar problem. I was in front of a gas room with a CCTV monitor, with SCP-173 inside it, I backed away and SCP-173 suddenly appeared before me in the hallway I was in. However, I was actually playing with bump mapping enabled, on Windows 8 (64-bits), on version 1.0.4 of the game with md88uuw as map seed.
Member of the FunnyLetsPlayTeam (french Let's Plays channel) | Creator of SCP - Doom Experiment

Feguelion wrote:I got a similar problem. I was in front of a gas room with a CCTV monitor, with SCP-173 inside it, I backed away and SCP-173 suddenly appeared before me in the hallway I was in. However, I was actually playing with bump mapping enabled, on Windows 8 (64-bits), on version 1.0.4 of the game with md88uuw as map seed.
That might be a Windows 8 issue. See topic http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4084 (first post)