Memory Access Violation (I've done everything)

Hi all,

I'm a new player, just started playing yesterday and got really into the game when I got this unforgiving MAV at the same spot everytime.

So, I looked up fixes to it and tried everything recommended like:
• Changing the ".exe" file to compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3
• Changing the SCP folder and all of its contents to read only
• Putting the SCP folder on the desktop
• Putting the SCP folder in the Program Files folder
• Running the ".exe" file as an Administrator

I did all these things interchangeably using each one by itself, combining one with another (i.e. running as administrator and with the compatibility mode on XP Service Pack 3), combining several of them together, and so on and so forth. Basically I did every variation there was and I still got the MAV in the same spot.

After all this, I downloaded the v1.0.5 Patch and overwrote each file in the corresponding subfolders of the original SCP v1.0.5 with the patch files. Then I tried the game again and still got the MAV. I also did all the recommended steps to take as I previously displayed again and still got the MAV.

I also copied the "Save" folder, then re-downloaded the game v1.0.5 and pasted my save folder in the SCP folder, and still got the MAV in the same spot. I then re-downloaded the v1.0.5 patch again and distributed the patch files accordingly and still got the MAV in the same spot. This one spot in the game is really killing my game vibe!

I took two videos of the experience: one just being a short one of me walking in the door and getting the MAV, and a longer one to give perspective on where in the map I am when the MAV occurs.
Short one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8WGxGw ... wlwvKHcw9Q
Long one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFmQ5l ... wlwvKHcw9Q

Here's my system:
• Windows 8.1
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz
• 2.40 GHz
• 16.0 GB RAM
• 64-Bit Operating System, x64-based processor
• Nvidia GeForce GT 635M graphics card

Help would be much appreciated! I've already become very interested in this game and now I can no longer progress any further due to this. Please help if there's an answer out there!

Thanks,
Brad

Re: Memory Access Violation (I've done everything)

I tried something different and it now works. I had to change the screen resolution from 1600x900 to 1024x768. So I kept playing and got past the the SCP-939's and went past the broken pipe with steam coming out of it and hit the button for the elevator, when it got to me I got inside, hit the button, the elevator took me up or down, then as soon as I got off I got another MAV. So now, I used the screen resolution 640x480 and it works fine.

What's the reason for this guys? I wish I could use the larger screen resolution especially with playing on such a large monitor.