Map Creator and custom maps issues and suggestions.

At first I wanted to say that the new custom map "Larry's Revenge" crashes every time I try to play it. Memory Access Violation happens in about 50% loading of the game. I looked for this map and I saw that the rooms aren't placed respectively to containment zones. I think THIS causes crashes, because when I tried to make from scratch my map about a year ago, I often got MAV while passing some rooms or even during starting the game. It seems there can't work maps having randomly placed rooms, please add an information to new users in the readme or something like that.

Also, I'd like to see an option for generating a map in Map Creator. The generated maps doesn't seem to crash randomly often because they contain rooms placed respectively to containment zones. It would make easier to create a map from scratch and show the new users how the map should look like.

Re: Map Creator and custom maps issues and suggestions.

Sajmon14 wrote:At first I wanted to say that the new custom map "Larry's Revenge" crashes every time I try to play it. Memory Access Violation happens in about 50% loading of the game. I looked for this map and I saw that the rooms aren't placed respectively to containment zones. I think THIS causes crashes, because when I tried to make from scratch my map about a year ago, I often got MAV while passing some rooms or even during starting the game. It seems there can't work maps having randomly placed rooms, please add an information to new users in the readme or something like that.

Also, I'd like to see an option for generating a map in Map Creator. The generated maps doesn't seem to crash randomly often because they contain rooms placed respectively to containment zones. It would make easier to create a map from scratch and show the new users how the map should look like.
I agree. I would like to see the map creator receive updates that allow things such as choosing which zone to place things in, and having the pre-made custom maps actually work. Having a maze to run away from SCP-106 sounds really fun, but too bad "Larry's Revenge" is a broken map. Perhaps it needs to be remade with the latest SCP CB version?

My custom Maps also crash, both my created ones, and Larry's Revenge (Which I accidentally deleted and don't know how to get back :oops: ) -Redownloaded game to desktop and copied necessary file over, deleted new files from desktop. Still don't think it will work but I got it back.

Of course I believe I'm using the most up to date version there is. 1.1.5. I haven't found anything to the contrary. YET. This seems to be a common issue, actually. I hope it can get fixed...
There is no one like me, Doctor, *Chuckles* -Plague Doctor

My SCP: CB plays and SCP Readings!

SCP-Bones wrote:My custom Maps also crash, both my created ones, and Larry's Revenge (Which I accidentally deleted and don't know how to get back :oops: ) -Redownloaded game to desktop and copied necessary file over, deleted new files from desktop. Still don't think it will work but I got it back.

Of course I believe I'm using the most up to date version there is. 1.1.5. I haven't found anything to the contrary. YET. This seems to be a common issue, actually. I hope it can get fixed...
Yeah, me too. The map creator is a brilliant tool and it's a shame it's so broken.