My bugs in 1.2.3

I commented the following on a bug report regarding 1.2.2, which has since been neglected:

I'm playing 1.2.3 and here are a list of the bugs I have so far experienced:

1. Interacting with the control panels, and provoking SCP-049, invariably leads to an MAV within seconds.

2. Going down the stairs to the control room in SCP-106's containment room makes the whole room disappear. (Important to note that the soundtrack changes to the SCP-895 ambience.

3. Encountering a running figure, using the model of the SCP-106 scientist victim, after being forced to go back down to the storage room where SCP-939 specimens patrol. The figure appeared to fall from the ceiling and ran (using an animation I do not believe is currently being used by the game itself and attempts to find it in the files have come up with nothing) in a single direction until reaching the corner of the room and staying still, still running into the wall however.

4. When finishing the game and exiting through Gate A (without initiating SCP-106 Recall Protocol) SCP-106 will appear not in the usual place but right next to me, but the model and sound will disappear after fully corroding through the floor. Then the ground wherever I stand will corrode and turn black, typical of SCP-106. Security Chief Franklin will, over the intercom, inform the guards at Gate A of the escape of SCP-106 despite the absence of the old man.

5. I can enter SCP-860-1 without incident, but the Forest Monster has never spawned to attack me. On one occasion I have seen the glowing eyes of the monster followed by the scurrying away of the creature into the woods but the creature has never come down to attack me. After seeing the eyes I waited, standing still, for around 2 minutes and then wandered back along the paths hoping to provoke it ( I have never encountered it myself). The monster is still yet to spawn..

Please comment any mutual bugs you are experiencing and share the problems you have been having with this wonderful game.

Re: My bugs in 1.2.3

6. Agent Ulgrin, the guard the player follows in the intro stops at the door to the pre SCP-173 chamber room. He stops and stares at me while telling me to hurry up. The only two ways to progress thw game are to disable intro or noclip past him distance sufficient enough for him to follow me through the door and then the door opens and I can proceed.

7. D-Class and Security Chief Franklin footstep 'machine-gun effect' glitch in intro.

8. Drinking any product from SCP-294, while playing in fullscreen, invariably leads to my game freezing and I am then unable to open the game window after being sent back to desktop. Playing while not in fullscreen leads to a simple game not responding.
Last edited by Mack on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack wrote:I commented the following on a bug report regarding 1.2.2, which has since been neglected:

I'm playing 1.2.3 and here are a list of the bugs I have so far experienced:

1. Interacting with the control panels, and provoking SCP-049, invariably leads to an MAV within seconds.

2. Going down the stairs to the control room in SCP-106's containment room makes the whole room disappear. (Important to note that the soundtrack changes to the SCP-895 ambience.

3. Encountering a running figure, using the model of the SCP-106 scientist victim, after being forced to go back down to the storage room where SCP-939 specimens patrol. The figure appeared to fall from the ceiling and ran (using an animation I do not believe is currently being used by the game itself and attempts to find it in the files have come up with nothing) in a single direction until reaching the corner of the room and staying still, still running into the wall however.

4. When finishing the game and exiting through Gate A (without initiating SCP-106 Recall Protocol) SCP-106 will appear not in the usual place but right next to me, but the model and sound will disappear after fully corroding through the floor. Then the ground wherever I stand will corrode and turn black, typical of SCP-106. Security Chief Franklin will, over the intercom, inform the guards at Gate A of the escape of SCP-106 despite the absence of the old man.

5. I can enter SCP-860-1 without incident, but the Forest Monster has never spawned to attack me. On one occasion I have seen the glowing eyes of the monster followed by the scurrying away of the creature into the woods but the creature has never come down to attack me. After seeing the eyes I waited, standing still, for around 2 minutes and then wandered back along the paths hoping to provoke it ( I have never encountered it myself). The monster is still yet to spawn..

6. Agent Ulgrin, the guard the player follows in the intro stops at the door to the pre SCP-173 chamber room. He stops and stares at me while telling me to hurry up. The only two ways to progress thw game are to disable intro or noclip past him distance sufficient enough for him to follow me through the door and then the door opens and I can proceed.

7. D-Class and Security Chief Franklin footstep 'machine-gun effect' glitch in intro.

Please comment any mutual bugs you are experiencing and share the problems you have been having with this wonderful game.
1. Fixed.
2. I think this is because game starts thinking that player is in 895 room (because it is sometimes spawn under 106 room) and starts rendering 895 room. We will try to do something with this.
3. This is one of mysterious bug in game. We don't know why it is happening. Sorry :(
4. Fixed
5. Fixed (but in new build of 1.3 he is not showing up. Shaun has been informed)
6. Fixed
7. Fixed (thanks, juanjpro)

Vane Brain wrote:
Mack wrote:3. Encountering a running figure, using the model of the SCP-106 scientist victim, after being forced to go back down to the storage room where SCP-939 specimens patrol. The figure appeared to fall from the ceiling and ran (using an animation I do not believe is currently being used by the game itself and attempts to find it in the files have come up with nothing) in a single direction until reaching the corner of the room and staying still, still running into the wall however.
3. This is one of mysterious bug in game. We don't know why it is happening. Sorry :(
It's been happening since v1.0 of the game. I've also seen this report lumped with another bug where people find a guard shooting at nothing in the tunnels as well, which probably still isn't fixed as well.

CommanderMark wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
Mack wrote:3. Encountering a running figure, using the model of the SCP-106 scientist victim, after being forced to go back down to the storage room where SCP-939 specimens patrol. The figure appeared to fall from the ceiling and ran (using an animation I do not believe is currently being used by the game itself and attempts to find it in the files have come up with nothing) in a single direction until reaching the corner of the room and staying still, still running into the wall however.
It's been happening since v1.0 of the game. I've also seen this report lumped with another bug where people find a guard shooting at nothing in the tunnels as well, which probably still isn't fixed as well.
There is nothing in the game (I think) that uses that running animation, currently. Is it the old running animation from when the endroom106 event's Janitor ran to the player instead of walking slowly?

Mack wrote:There is nothing in the game (I think) that uses that running animation, currently. Is it the old running animation from when the endroom106 event's Janitor ran to the player instead of walking slowly?
That's the only scenario I can think of where the running animation's keyframes would be programmed into the game.

Maybe there's some leftover code from that endroom event that's somehow executing during the storage room event?

CommanderMark wrote:
Mack wrote:There is nothing in the game (I think) that uses that running animation, currently. Is it the old running animation from when the endroom106 event's Janitor ran to the player instead of walking slowly?
That's the only scenario I can think of where the running animation's keyframes would be programmed into the game.

Maybe there's some leftover code from that endroom event that's somehow executing during the storage room event?
No. There is only 939 spawns in room3storage. No classD codings. Very strange...

Vane Brain wrote:
CommanderMark wrote:

No. There is only 939 spawns in room3storage. No classD codings. Very strange...
As I observed this figure appear, it did seem to fall from the ceiling. Which is strange because aren't the wall textures in-game now two-way, to stop NPCs entering rooms through walls, as of some past update. Would that mean thay the figure spawned inside the room itself?