fmod.dll issues with v1.3.6 patch

All right, so here's the issue:
I downloaded the 1.3.6 version of SCP CB. I played the game, and everything worked fine. Except the game was sort of buggy. It was at that point I realized there was a patch for v1.3.6. Naturally, I clicked the download link and extracted the files to play it. But then it said:
"The program can't start because fmod.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

So I found a tutorial on how to fix this issue. Downloaded an fmod.dll file and pasted it into my SysWOW64 and System32 folder . Then I tried opening the patch, and BOOM. Another error.

"The following DLLs were not found in the game directory:

fmod.dll"

I've considered the fact the file might be corrupted and I re-downloaded it. I've tried plenty of things, but with no success. I always ended up with one of the two errors.
Help?
(It's quite possible I've made a stupid mistake. If so, sorry about that. :laugh: )

Re: fmod.dll issues with v1.3.6 patch

SquirrelMoose wrote:All right, so here's the issue:
I downloaded the 1.3.6 version of SCP CB. I played the game, and everything worked fine. Except the game was sort of buggy. It was at that point I realized there was a patch for v1.3.6. Naturally, I clicked the download link and extracted the files to play it. But then it said:
"The program can't start because fmod.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

So I found a tutorial on how to fix this issue. Downloaded an fmod.dll file and pasted it into my SysWOW64 and System32 folder . Then I tried opening the patch, and BOOM. Another error.

fmod.dll"

I've considered the fact the file might be corrupted and I re-downloaded it. I've tried plenty of things, but with no success. I always ended up with one of the two errors.
Help?
(It's quite possible I've made a stupid mistake. If so, sorry about that. :laugh: )

Try to download full game
http://undertowgames.com/file/scp/SCP%2 ... v1.3.6.zip

Found the solution to the problem. I had downloaded the newest version of the game directly from the SCPCB webpage and I got all kinds of errors from missing dlls to missing font packages. The solution is to go back to 1.3.6 or the link that was provided in the last reply and run the auto updater. It will install all of the required files for you to run the game properly.

Vane Brain wrote:
Migosp wrote:Found the solution to the problem. I had downloaded the newest version of the game directly from the SCPCB webpage and I got all kinds of errors from missing dlls to missing font packages.
Maybe because you downloaded only a patch instead of the full game?
Download the full game. Patching alone tends to mess up the game sometimes.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

autotroph wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
Migosp wrote:Found the solution to the problem. I had downloaded the newest version of the game directly from the SCPCB webpage and I got all kinds of errors from missing dlls to missing font packages.
Maybe because you downloaded only a patch instead of the full game?
Download the full game. Patching alone tends to mess up the game sometimes.
For some reason people doesn't see the differences between downloading patch and full game

You guys realize he already had the game before any of the comments. I had the same problems getting it to work, every time I tried opening it would spam flash my internet explorer on my screen over and over until I had to delete the file to work normally again so I disabled I.E. and now it works fine. Except some minor bugs and door buttons sometimes not showing up

Vane Brain wrote:
SquirrelMoose wrote:All right, so here's the issue:

fmod.dll"

Help?

Try to download full game
http://undertowgames.com/file/scp/SCP%2 ... v1.3.6.zip

i did download the full game off your link but i got the same error message