Why

why did the developers add splash screens? Are they really neccessary? I dislike them because after wasting 15 seconds of your life there's still a loading screen after them and nobody likes that, so wouldn't it be a better idea to have them play as the game is loading? while the additional information on the story during the loading screens is nice, most people don't bother reading them at this point, and there's another loading screen later, so couldn't you do without one of them?

Re: Why

Anime Weedlord wrote:why did the developers add splash screens? Are they really neccessary? I dislike them because after wasting 15 seconds of your life there's still a loading screen after them and nobody likes that, so wouldn't it be a better idea to have them play as the game is loading? while the additional information on the story during the loading screens is nice, most people don't bother reading them at this point, and there's another loading screen later, so couldn't you do without one of them?
You have two options:

A). Press ESC to skip both of them. Takes 2 seconds.

B). Go into the options file and turn "play startup video=false" or whatever its varient is.

BAM! Your dramatic representation of your poor 15 lost seconds will never happen again.

Nehpys wrote:
Anime Weedlord wrote:why did the developers add splash screens? Are they really neccessary? I dislike them because after wasting 15 seconds of your life there's still a loading screen after them and nobody likes that, so wouldn't it be a better idea to have them play as the game is loading? while the additional information on the story during the loading screens is nice, most people don't bother reading them at this point, and there's another loading screen later, so couldn't you do without one of them?
You have two options:

A). Press ESC to skip both of them. Takes 2 seconds.

B). Go into the options file and turn "play startup video=false" or whatever its varient is.

BAM! Your dramatic representation of your poor 15 lost seconds will never happen again.
Okay, there's no need to be a faggot about it. I suggested that the splash screens could play as the game is loading because it's the smart thing to do, the loading screens right now are essentially pointless so it'd be a good replacement. Yeah you can just disable or skip them, but if that's your "solution" you might as well remove the splash screens all together. Just a simple idea.

Anime Weedlord wrote:Okay, there's no need to be a faggot about it.
I wasn't.
Anime Weedlord wrote:I suggested that the splash screens could play as the game is loading because it's the smart thing to do,
As much as most of us would probably like that, I was giving you the two possibilities available for what you could do. Seeing as how this was implemented in Barotrauma (the startup screen skipping around a metric fuckton), use either possibility.
Anime Weedlord wrote:the loading screens right now are essentially pointless so it'd be a good replacement.
Pretty much every loading screen in the industry is pointless; it's just supposed to represent who the developers are. I'd say be grateful that the option to even skip them was added, since whomever implemented their current version actually cared at the time.