Re: PLAY - A horror game

TunaPotato wrote:Ok so.. the 2D version, is it going to be top-view or side-view?
Top view. And I'm not sure about the flashlight. Maybe it illuminates the space in front of you, while everything else is dark, but visible. .3.

TunaPotato wrote:Ok so.. the 2D version, is it going to be top-view or side-view?
I'm guessing either way you're only going to be able to see things with a flashlight (if you could just see the entire level it would certainly lower the atmosphere, IMSHO).
Just my 2 cents :D
For a 2D version I would say side view for the same reason you said (So there are going to be 2 versions of the game... that seems cool I guess)

With the flashlight, I would say it should illuminate the stuff in front of you, but lose brightness on the areas further away from you.

106phobia wrote:
UnknownGlaze wrote:
Top view. And I'm not sure about the flashlight. Maybe it illuminates the space in front of you, while everything else is dark, but visible. .3.
Maybe the flashlight could work the same way the flashlight does in this game:

http://donitz.deviantart.com/art/Derp-t ... -363092525
That's what I was aiming for, actually.

Agent Shlocky wrote:So, where does the game take place? As in a location or setting? Sounds amazing but, just curious.
Well, it's a huge chromium maze. Gaping holes can be seen in the walls/ceilings/floors, where neon green grids can be seen. I'd tell you EXACTLY where it's at, but if I did you'll have a realization on the hidden plot. I want the DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN to be when the game is released.

UnknownGlaze wrote:
Agent Shlocky wrote:So, where does the game take place? As in a location or setting? Sounds amazing but, just curious.
Well, it's a huge chromium maze. Gaping holes can be seen in the walls/ceilings/floors, where neon green grids can be seen. I'd tell you EXACTLY where it's at, but if I did you'll have a realization on the hidden plot. I want the DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN to be when the game is released.
Ah, cool. It sounds I have no Mouth and I must screamish. I will be looking forward to playing it, and I wish you well on it's development.

Any estimate of when is the beta going to be released?
Or is it going to be made in Valve Time(tm)?
"Oh hi, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO"
Go dubstep!

TunaPotato wrote:Any estimate of when is the beta going to be released?
Or is it going to be made in Valve Time(tm)?
The 2D beta should be released by the middle of June, somewhere around when E3 starts.