Re: FNAF 3 Trailer

SyphenTV wrote: Windows 8: 1.3 GHz Processer: Loading time 2-3 Minutes. Game lagged when Animatronics showed up.
Windows 8.1 2.3 GHz Processer: Loading time 1 Minute. Game lagged only when Animatronics killed me.
Consider that the animatronics in the game are not actual 3d models, they're all prerendered images. Older systems might have issues in loading these fast enough, since they seem to be loaded when the game requires it to be shown, instead of before. In phones it won't happen because there's less background processes. 1.3 GHz sounds like really low nowadays so no surprise really.

By the way, if anybody didn't know, the new game won't take place at a Freddy Fazbear's Pizza restaurant, but instead, it will take place 30 years later, after nearly nobody remembers the events in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Seems like a buncha people will be trying to find anything that survived in these 30 years, to put in a new place called "Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction".

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =381852545

If anything i'd suppose every night will be about you keeping watch over the horror attraction during the night, as they complete it to be open to the public as fast as possible. With more animatronics appearing as they find more of them. (First the yellow bunny, then the original freddy, bonnie and chica cast.) Pherpaps later they realize the whole thing was a terrible mistake. Would be cool to hear someone on the phone telling you about how they've found things and evidence to the horrific events that happened in FFP, references make me smile. Although this is just my own speculation.

I can't wait to see what Scott got for us in this one. Hopefully the story arc will be completed, i don't get the deal with all the people bashing FNAF having a third game though, it's like, they DON'T want to have new games to play. The moment something gets mass-popular people start complaining about it getting ruined or some shit.
hug0905 wrote:
Cridone wrote: Also, I have yet to see FNAF run poorly on a bad computer, I even tested it on my backup laptop that is incapable of running Minecraft with every setting turned as far down as possible, I didn't see much of a difference.
FNAF and its sequels use Clickteam Fusion 2.5, which the lowest operating system you could run FNAF would be Windows 98, and lowest processor you could use for FNAF is a 200 MHz Pentium, and the least amount of ram you could use for FNAF is 32MB, or 256MB for XP, Vista, 7, and 8(.1)
No offense, but that seemed pretty unnecessary. I was just saying that the average player could play it decently, you didn't need to give me specs.
Why was it unnecessary? He was just giving you a justification of because why there won't be much difference in older systems. Well, nevermind.

man i really need to stop writing walls of text. i just kinda vomit out whatever's in my mind.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

For those who don't know there's a fake released date, February 5. Scott confirmed himself that the release date is fake and that he still have to work in the game for a little more time.
Irontaco wrote:man i really need to stop writing walls of text. i just kinda vomit out whatever's in my mind.
That's a very good thing if you ask me.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Irontaco wrote: Older systems might have issues in loading these fast enough, since they seem to be loaded when the game requires it to be shown, instead of before.
Not that it matters so much for a game that isn't that large, but this is a weird way of allocating resources. Hard disks are slower than molasses, you should be reading from them as infrequently as possible.
I can't wait to see what Scott got for us in this one. Hopefully the story arc will be completed, i don't get the deal with all the people bashing FNAF having a third game though, it's like, they DON'T want to have new games to play. The moment something gets mass-popular people start complaining about it getting ruined or some shit.
Is this really a thing among FNaF fans? I haven't seen that many discussions on FNaF 3, but from what I've seen, most of the criticisms come from those who felt the second game was rushed. Or are these people you're talking about arguing that FNaF 2 and 3 are flooding the market? In which case, while I might not wholeheartedly agree with them, I will claim that they do have a point.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:
Irontaco wrote: Older systems might have issues in loading these fast enough, since they seem to be loaded when the game requires it to be shown, instead of before.
Not that it matters so much for a game that isn't that large, but this is a weird way of allocating resources. Hard disks are slower than molasses, you should be reading from them as infrequently as possible.
Is this really a thing among FNaF fans? I haven't seen that many discussions on FNaF 3, but from what I've seen, most of the criticisms come from those who felt the second game was rushed. Or are these people you're talking about arguing that FNaF 2 and 3 are flooding the market? In which case, while I might not wholeheartedly agree with them, I will claim that they do have a point.
I'm not sure about the image loading thing, it seems that on my old laptop, when i boot up FNAF 2 and go into a night, when i switch cameras i'd get some freezing for 2-3 secs before the game would act as normal again, when visiting that same camera it wouldn't happen again, so i'd suppose that was because the image was already loaded. Something similar used to happen in TF2 when loading models and shit. Pherpaps it was just my dying HDD.

And i'm not really part of FNAF's fan community, from what i've seen they love the new games so yeah. I was mostly referring to other dudes that are like "LOL THIS GAME AINT SCARY I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE LIKE IT", "ENOUGH GAMES PLEASE THIS ONE IS JUST GONNA GET WORSE", and etc, as i've pointed out multiple times hive mind opinions are not a thing i like.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:I was mostly referring to other dudes that are like "LOL THIS GAME AINT SCARY I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE LIKE IT", "ENOUGH GAMES PLEASE THIS ONE IS JUST GONNA GET WORSE", and etc, as i've pointed out multiple times hive mind opinions are not a thing i like.
Eh, to each his own. I've seen my fair share of "scariest game ever" and "best horror game since Silent HIll 2" comments to at least see where they're coming from, even if it's a rather extreme response.

I think Yahtzee's recent 'Extra Punctuation' expresses one of the larger issues with the original game's usage of jump scares:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... mpaign=all
Spoiler
But when we say that something is 'nothing but jumpscare', what we mean is that it's 'nothing but anticipation', because a jumpscare is by its nature a very very brief thing. The jumpscare part I'm fine with. I like the adrenaline rush and the excitement and danger that comes of there suddenly being a monster that I must quickly adapt into my worldview. It's just the anticipation that I can't stand. And isn't it the case that if the anticipation exists, and therefore we have predicted that a jumpscare is going to happen, then the jumpscare has failed before it even started?

Surely the whole point is that a jumpscare is sudden and unexpected. I've played plenty of horror games that had jumpscares that I didn't see coming, but my usual response after extracting my head from the ceiling was to go "Ah, shucks, ya got me" and then continue. I don't do that if I've been seeing it coming the whole way, then I just get annoyed at it for drawing itself out.

I think I heard it said in a review of Paranormal Activity by the excellent Red Letter Media people that the whole audience were tense and silent when the build-up was in full swing, but the moment after the jumpscare was over, everyone in the room would immediately relax and lose interest in the film. Similarly, the jumpscare in FNAF is also the point when you necessarily lose all interest in the game, because it's the point that you get killed. And none of this does anything to make me or that roomful of cinemagoers engaged with the plot or the creeping existential dread that horror is supposed to create.

I made the point in my review that the jumpscare is the horror equivalent of the fart joke in comedy. Since I've defended the fart joke in previous editions of this column, that statement probably deserves expansion. You see, part of what attracts me to horror and comedy is the way that they both create physical reactions within the audience, based around artful combinations of tension and release. The fart joke, or more broadly speaking quickfire slapstick gag, produces an immediate physical response, if done right: the sudden expulsion of laughter you couldn't have held back if you tried. The jump scare does the same thing. It makes you jump.

Both of these things have a place. They create the quickest possible connection between art and reaction, so they are best used as a sort of stress test for the audience. You can throw them out like little jabs of the pin to make sure we're on the right page, give the atmosphere a little boost. But a game or a film can't rely on them totally, because the nature of their provoking purely physical reactions means they have little or no emotional connection, inspiring very little on a higher thought level. They're immediately forgotten about as soon as they pass. The truly great comedy or horror creates a deeper, prolonged atmosphere of humor/terror by getting inside the head, and those made with the greatest confidence don't need 'stress tests' at all.

The other thing the jumpscare can do is signal the call to action: something's jumped out and it's time for you to think fast and deal with it. I don't dislike Doom 3 as much as some people for its monsters constantly pulling the jump-out-of-cupboard trick, because I was carrying a shotgun, and could give them some immediate constructive feedback of what I thought of their clever prank. So it's kind of obnoxious when the jumpscare is itself intended to be the climax.

Basically, that whole feeling of tense anticipation that I find so irritating, I associate that feeling with a horror game not working properly. Firstly because it means I know there's a jumpscare coming, but it also means that I'm not taking enough of an interest in the rest of the game to be distracted from the anticipation, or from speculating when a jumpscare's being set up. And that's what I realised is the common element of horror games I like that FNAF most definitely does not have: the ability to explore, to gather information on our surroundings, and the sense that we are physically moving towards a goal. Even Daylight with its obnoxious jumpscares I could get through because there was that sense of A to B. It's not the jumpscares that turn me off FNAF, it's the sitting on my arse waiting for them to happen.
M-x dingus-mode

FNaF 1 is fun and original. It's gameplay is different than most horror games and it isn't a clone of some existing game.

FNaF 2 added too many new characters. They can all be active at once which makes the game challenging instead of spooky, because to progress the story a bit you need to find a strategy that works against everyone. You'll die many times because you couldn't react fast enough. And if someone decides to not leave when you put on the mask or use the flashlight the puppet will jump out of the music box because you couldn't wind it up.

Some elements of the story and gameplay are just stupid:
- The owners of the place paid for security cameras and a touchscreen where you can wind up a music box in another room, but they won't pay for an engineer to add a proper sleep mode to the animatronics.
- Somehow you can use a flashlight through a monitor that's connected to the security cameras.
- If the animatronics are possessed by dead children, how does the Freddy mask confuse them?
- After the place closed, the owners decided to return with the old characters instead of the new ones for some reason.

The death animations look wrong when you're looking at the vents.

FNaF 3 looks better so far, the death animation doesn't look like a 2D sprite in the teaser.

juanjpro wrote: Some elements of the story and gameplay are just stupid:
- The owners of the place paid for security cameras and a touchscreen where you can wind up a music box in another room, but they won't pay for an engineer to add a proper sleep mode to the animatronics.
- Somehow you can use a flashlight through a monitor that's connected to the security cameras.
- If the animatronics are possessed by dead children, how does the Freddy mask confuse them?
- After the place closed, the owners decided to return with the old characters instead of the new ones for some reason.
1.Money
2.Magic
3.The toy bots are supposed to be faulty, and the murders didn't happen in 2
4.Just like adobe, the toy bots were faulty, they had no idea that the original bots had the same problems
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

FoxMccloud64 wrote:
juanjpro wrote: Some elements of the story and gameplay are just stupid:
1.Money
2.Magic
3.The toy bots are supposed to be faulty, and the murders didn't happen in 2
4.Just like adobe, the toy bots were faulty, they had no idea that the original bots had the same problems
Actually I think it's:

1. Maybe they couldn't due to the whole haunted scenario/ they didn't even think it was a problem.
2. The camera is equipped with a flashlight that can be activated remotely.
3. But the murders had to have happened by 2 in order for the old animatronics to be like they are. Children are stupid so of course it fools their spirits.

juanjpro wrote:
Awesomeguy147 wrote:2. The camera is equipped with a flashlight that can be activated remotely.
So why do they drain the same battery? They could've connected the camera lights to the main power instead.
because...... nonsensical game design.