Re: Skype

Getting an IP address is extremely easy, so if you are paranoid about that, then you shouldn't be using the internet at all.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Trialtrex21 wrote:
PigPig wrote:Don't have Skype calls with a lot of people. Other people can see the ip-adress of everyone in the call using a program! :shock:
Pretty sure nobody in our skype group is a hacker...
;)

This may just be a coincidence and I'm just really unlucky, but this is the only place I've publicly posted my Skype name and I can't think of anybody at the top of my head (People I didn't quite get along with, etc.) that would do this.

Recently this afternoon I was added by a total of 20 strangers from 'Omegle' and also where they had gotten the name from, it may be possible someone took the name from this thread and used it to attract unwanted attention to my profile.

I don't mean to cause a panic, but I just wanna throw it out as a warning in case that's exactly what happened, it's just my theory at the end of the day. I don't want it happening to anybody else here, if it doesn't then... Good!

If it does happen however, then it may be worth mentioning to conclude it's happening here. Sorry 'bout this!

Oh wow, what did those strangers do, to be specific? i'd like some more info about it.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:Oh wow, what did those strangers do, to be specific? i'd like some more info about it.
I really only added the first one, he asked if I wanted to play a game which he called 'dare and dare', from that point on, 3 other skype contact requests already came through, I didn't bother trying to contact any of them and just went on for the next hour and a bit blocking them until it stopped, luckily it did.

And now my blocked contacts is 'slightly' bigger than it was before.

Hm.

The name could have been posted to a random site, although, i don't see why they would get it from here.

From now on any and all requests to be on Skype have to be done via a PM to Trialtrex21 or me. I will be censoring every Skype name posted in here.

I will also make a new Skype thread to tell a few small rules and requeriments.

You're free to join the Skype group now, btw, you've been in for a while.
sup

Thread locked and unstickyied to make way for the new Skype thread. Make sure to read it.
sup