0x10c

http://0x10c.com/

0x10c is a game from the creator of minecraft (Markus Persson), and you know this game is gonna be awesome when:
The titles logo was generated using an in-game emulated computer processor. (Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17611838)
It is space-themed and set in the distant future. (Source: DItto)
BBC News wrote:He said the storyline involved a group of humans who were accidentally put into extended deep sleep in 1988, and woke up more than 281 trillion years later.

The universe is described as being on "the brink of extinction" and users take part in space battles, looting, trading and planet mining operations.

Mr Persson said he intended the title to follow the rules of "hard science fiction".

"I will try to make sure that the science in the game has some kind of plausible theoretical basis in reality," he wrote.

"As few hand-wavey things as possible, with the rest rigorously explained. If you're an expert on a field that I've made a mistake in, PLEASE let me know!"
In-game computers
While Minecraft's appeal centres on users' ability to reshape the environment that their character lives in, 0x10c offers the challenge of being able to program an emulated 16-bit computer processing unit which "powers" the player's spaceship.

Mr Persson said users would be able to create their own operating systems for the CPU, and once enough user-generated software had been created, people could use it "like ordinary computers" to run other games or carry out other functions.
Sounds EPIC to me.

However, he warned on Twitter: "I won't stop viruses, the players will have to do that themselves. (

And of course, it uses the soldier from TF2 as a placeholder.

Well, im buying ASAP.
But what are YOUR thoughts?

I also quite like to think of what Let's PLays would be like:

"Oh crap, im gonna have to program a countermeasure for that backdoor."

I ROFL.

Edit: What are you people doing, viewing for so long but not posting?
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Re: 0x10c

The game has good potential, though I will wait to see more about the gameplay in action before I commit to buying.

While I did enjoy his previous game, Minecraft, I felt that it lacked in longevity since it did not offer much mid to end game content (Which seems to be being addressed now).
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

I purchased Minecraft back in July 2010 when it was absolutely unheard of on Youtube and all over the internet (Only 500 purchases when I got it). It mainly just kind've upped popularity by 1000% around the Nether Halloween update later that fall. I wouldn't say it's hyped, it's just absolute genius idea and game and one of my all time favorites, on a side note It really does throw a monkey wrench at fancy graphics and shaders VS gameplay and creative originality.

0x10c caught my attention, it seem's a lot like a deeper version of EVE online or something, a programmable computer and rooting the ship physics and capabilities in theoretical science sounds like a game that won't be casual and awesome too. I won't be purchasing until I see some solid gameplay and development though..

spartan322 wrote:The game does seem interesting. However I'll wait for it to be more developed, I don't like buying games when they are still "fresh".
Good plan.

As a nerd i can say that this game gives me a major nerdgasm.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌