Recommended user tips

The following is a list of guidelines that we highly recommend that users are recommnded to think about when doing things.

Don't be rude to new users.
Just because they have less experience than you here doesn't mean you can bash them, no one is better than anyone here. Except the O5, they run the place.

A user has made a thread in the wrong section?
It's alright, just tell him to avoid doing it in the future give us a quick call so we can move it! Don't ask how we do it, really now, or you will be demoted to a filthy D-Class, yes, with no pockets.

A user has made a useless thread?
You're free to report it if you feel that the thread is just for advertising, encourages rule breaking, or it's something like ''lol i caught a booger wit my tongue''. We moderators will see if the thread is valid for locking. Also yes, we give the task to 682 to destroy topics if necessary.

A new user has made a thread asking for help?
Try to help him! Try doing the best you can to help with his issue. Once the problem has been solved, we moderators lock it unless the new user has more questions.

A bot has been posting around?
Beep boop. If you see a possible bot has created one or more threads which have advertising or usual robot stuff, report it and DON'T reply to it. It will only draw more attention towards that post. Yes, I know they take American jobs, but reasoning with them isn't possible, we use the scrap metal for containment chambers later anyway.

I think a moderator did something wrong.
You think so? Well, if that's the case, you can PM the specific moderator and talk about the problem with him. In most cases the moderator should give a good reason for doing that specific action. If he refuses to talk or is aggressive, or you think he still did something wrong even if the moderator told you the reason you can send a PM to the administrator, Steelpoint. When thinking you may have found an issue with an mod action, always see things from both sides and not from your point of view only.

In the likely eventuality that the moderators are infected by some kind of air-spreading SCP the Foundation will terminate them immediately, and will replace them with robotic look alikes who will do their best to simulate loving the forum users. In-case of them becoming hostile and killing everyone on sight, the Omega warheads are to be detonated.

NEW 29/04/14

Use common sense
Rules are not always to be enforced by what it says on the tin 24/7, we're not a jail and we're here to have fun and discuss the game, always think about "is it really worth it to point out he double posted?", "was that necropost really something not necessary?", "does it really matter if these few posts are a derail if its only a few?", communities will always do things, it's impossible to follow every single rule because nothing would be fun that way, this does not apply to the serious tier rules, though. And by the way, the thing of "should i keep eating this infinite pizza SCP?" does matter, always, don't fill yourself with that pizza.

We're mostly adults and teenagers
If you are below the recommended age for these forums (about 13~) then i recommend to be really careful with what you, the little foundation "employee" staring at the screen while the others are playing football, post. There are no age restrictions on these forums but you being inmature and childish around the place isn't the best way to go. Of course, Researcher James, 8 years old, does not apply to this rule. Never.

And remember! Wednesday is pizza day! So head on down to the cafeteria and grab yourself a hot slice! And when eating in the cafeteria, always remember to check your pizza for the deadly seven, Strychnine, Arsenic Trioxide, Nitrobenzene, Mercury, Epichlorohydrin, Acetone Thiosemicarbazone, and spiders.

This has been a message by the SCP Foundation. Secure, Contain, Protect.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Re: Recommended user guidelines

Also, please remember this:

Code: Select all

people have a right to have opinions, and to be offended by whatever irks them, just like how people have a right to feel any other emotion
being offended does not make you special; it does not give you special powers, it does not allow you to be protected from second hand insults and inflamed sensitivities
no one has the right to not be offended; people can't claim they have a right to not be offended when freedom of speech is prevalent
nobody will ever be granted special rights simply because they are offended
people shouldn't purposely try to offend others
no one should make a mountain out of a molehill, etc
Happy sunshine the legendary Banchou (Badass)

I do not create or give life, I just simply erase everything.

Re: Recommended user guidelines

Irontaco wrote: Don't be rude to new users.
Just because they have less experience than you here doesn't mean you can bash them, no one is better than anyone here. Except the O5, they run the place.
Yeah Well, If i ever offend someone new it's not from their lack of experience in the forums.