Kerbal Space Program mining? (0.19 Update info)

One of my many favorite indies is Kerbal Space Program, and it looks like they are adding mining and minerals to it. Personally I think it is a amazing, yet complicated addition to the game.
However, What do you guys think of it?

Pic of Mineral Resource Tree:
Spoiler
A video of what Kerbal Space Program is:
Spoiler
[youtube]FTPqFSUg9GY[/youtube]
Last edited by Vexification on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manager of the Steam Community :D
Here since May 28, 2012
Time Elapsed Since

Re: Kerbal Space Program mining? (0.19 Update info)

Mining, really? If they implement a system like that then I may be inclined to buy this game.

I think it would be fantastic to build your own moon base and expand it by mining resources, then using these resources to research and build better parts and expand to asteroids and eventually other planets!
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

You already can reach other planets, it's kind of similar to our solar system in that there's Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars analogs, plus a green gas giant with 5 moons.

Most people usually start with visiting the two nearby moons and then going onto the Venus or Mars planet.

I'll have to warn you though this game is addictive
My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChO6u5kMMBGQmj8PtipjqCQ

Richy wrote:Looks like we'll only be getting reentry effects and Kerbals reacting to launches in this update, I'll probably keep using the Kethane mod for mining in the meantime
Incorrect, they creator said that resource mining and collection will be coming in the next update

Steelpoint wrote:Mining, really? If they implement a system like that then I may be inclined to buy this game.

I think it would be fantastic to build your own moon base and expand it by mining resources, then using these resources to research and build better parts and expand to asteroids and eventually other planets!
You can already do that, with the "Kethane Mining Mod" for Kerbal Space Program
Here since May 28, 2012
Time Elapsed Since

Richy wrote:Well from what I read on the dev blog I got the impression that it wasn't coming in the next version, it was planned originally tho.. and will probably come at some point
Really?
On the forums over there HarvesteR (A Developer of this game) commented on a thread about making mining parts for the next update. I did 2+2 and I got mining for the next update aswell.
Jellycog wrote:Just bought Chivalry, and now I want this! I am throwing all my money away.
Throw all your money at it.
ALL OF IT

But really, KSP is already worth every penny. its the best game I've played in a long time, right next to SCP:CB and Dwarf fortress.
Here since May 28, 2012
Time Elapsed Since