Pacific Rim - Giant Monsters and Robots Duke It Out!

Pacific Rim is an upcoming 2013 American science fiction monster film directed by Guillermo del Toro and written by del Toro and Travis Beacham. The film is set in the near future where soldiers pilot giant robots into battle against invading giant monsters who have risen from beneath the ocean.

The film was produced by Legendary Pictures and will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film will be released in 3-D and IMAX 3D on July 12, 2013.
Pacific Rim is basically a big-budget homage to classic Japanese mechs and giant monster movies. So if you're a fan of Evangelion, Voltron, Godzilla, Mothra, or Gamera, then this film is probably for you. :wink: Just to clarify, the piloted robots in this film are called "jaegers" while the giant monsters are called "kaiju." Kaiju is a Japanese word that many people use to refer to Japanese giant monsters.

So is anyone else going to see the movie? It promises epic action scenes, beautifully designed monsters and robots, and a well-developed human story that ties it all in.

[youtube]A85EtOalcsM[/youtube]

[youtube]5guMumPFBag[/youtube]
Last edited by 106phobia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Pacific Rim - Giant Monsters and Robots Duke It Out!

Sparks wrote:At least it's not by M. Night Shyamalaan.
Everything he touches end up failing.
Yeh, I recently saw After Earth. It was directed by him, and it wasn't that good.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Serimah wrote:After Earth had a lot of potential.... but sadly they didn't use most of it.
I'm surprised the movie didn't have any twists(well, it had sort-of-twists, but I'm not going to count those because they are weak and predictable). Huehuehue.

could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:
Serimah wrote:After Earth had a lot of potential.... but sadly they didn't use most of it.
I'm surprised the movie didn't have any twists(well, it had sort-of-twists, but I'm not going to count those because they are weak and predictable). Huehuehue.
After Earth had any kind of twist? I thought it was predictable all the way through :D
Spoiler
Except for that giant eagle sacrificing itself to save the boy. That made no sense whatsoever.
But it was fun to watch anyway :096:
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:But it was fun to watch anyway :096:
The acting was pretty damn awkward, but I guess Jaden Smith has an excuse since he is pretty new to acting. He had WAAAAY too much emotion in the movie, and Will Smith surprisingly didn't have any emotion at all.