Pacific Rim [Go see it!]

Guys, GO SEE PACIFIC RIM. That movie is brilliant. I was sceptical at first, but it really blew me away. Del toro added super-violence to a great narrative, which made it great.

Even if it had a crap story, it's worth watching two skyscrapers pummelling each other with house sized fists.
Last edited by Baronobeefdip on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let me hold your face under the putrecent waters of knowledge.

Re: Movies out lately

Baronobeefdip wrote:Guys, GO SEE PACIFIC RIM. That movie is brilliant. I was sceptical at first, but it really blew me away. Del toro added super-violence to a great narrative, which made it great.

Even if it had a crap story, it's worth watching two skyscrapers pummelling each other with house sized fists.
Hot damn, yes please. Watched this last week, was actually looking forward to it since I knew it would be mindless fun, turns out, it still blew me away. Nothing better than watching giant robots fighting giant aliens (well maybe giant alien robots fighting each other, but I digress).

I might as well post my thoughts here. (minor spoilers)
Spoiler
Really enjoyed it, if I could recommend any movie so far this year, this would be it. I can't say the story was exactly memorable, and neither were the characters, save for Charlie Day, the JJ Abrams look alike, but it worked. Really loved the way the Kaiju were handled, to an extent they seemed somewhat believable in the way they impacted Earth. I also really like the way the Kaiju looked, although they did kind of get generic after a certain point, there were no really risky designs or anything, they were all pretty safe and homey. The ones that stuck out to me the most were the crustacean looking one and the one towards the end with a face inside it's head (the one that got completely owned). I also really enjoyed the robot designs, although there weren't that many, the one that stuck out to me was the was manned by the Triplets. Also, the Ellen Mclain Glados voice pretty much was the icing on top of the cake.
Sorry for my incoherent splatter of thoughts, I'm pretty tired and I've really wanted to talk about this movie.
It slep time bunner.

That bit with the sword in the air, I was a little kid again. I just was like "WOAH." X6

I would also watch the movie again for that scene in Sydney. Damn I want a jeager. I would of liked to see the film explore the jeager's glory days more, like when the Kaiju were getting owned again and again. And china and Russia got owned pretty quick by them CAT 4s. It's a shame really, the thundercloud thing did shit. This movie will get amazing money when it hits Japan. It's the otaku movie they've been waiting for.

I wanna change this to "Pacific rim" thread so badly.

THE BEST IDEA EVER... A PACIFIC RIM GAME ON THE KINECT.

Also, make your own jeager!

http://apps.warnerbros.com/pacificrim/designer/us/
Last edited by Baronobeefdip on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baronobeefdip wrote:And china and Russia got owned pretty quick by them CAT 4s. It's a shame really, the thundercloud thing did shit.
Spoiler
Yeah, when Crimson Typhoon got taken down I was really taken aback from just how violently and quickly it was destroyed. By then I pretty much knew the Russian duo was toast in their ancient Mark 1 Jaeger and they probably died within the next minute of that thought. Still one of the more shocking scenes in the movie.
Baronobeefdip wrote:I wanna change this to "Pacific rim" thread so badly.
If you want, I don't (and I think mostly everyone else doesn't) have a problem with changing the thread title to reflect that.
It slep time bunner.

Re: Pacific Rim [Go see it!]

The bit where mako froze with the plasma cannon on was pretty tense, just cause I didn't know if she would fire it and damage the whole place. Cherno Alpha did ok at the start, but I'm wondering, was the head on it a nuke? Hence the name Cherno... I also like how it was more than America playing the roles, I mean the lead characters were Japanese, Australian, British and American. A good mix, and realistic too, America wouldn't run the show, china would.
The action during the flying Kaiju was incredible. DAT SWORD.

Re: Pacific Rim [Go see it!]

FREAKING MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!! --- ahem.. yeah loved it.

The music in the intro when they get suited up just pumped me up. Ah and it so full of cheese haha it was amazing. To many movies take themselves seriously these days. Loved that characters too, they were just like stereotypical video game characters mmm awesome! I'm probs gonna see it tonight again with some friends in 3D. Also shame on America for giving Grown Ups 2 more money than this bad ass film.