Re: SOPA is returning...God dammit...

Tomgrakk wrote:I'm sorry I joined the conversation late, but I believe one of Trialtrex's original points was that the US government sneaked this bill through the approval process without consulting the people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this seem a tad illegal? This violates the very essence of the country being a frelling democracy, i.e. a nation in which the people's approval is required to pass laws and bills like these. My belief is that the US government is desperate to pass this bill and will resort to underhanded tactics to do so.

The bill itself is an example of what seems to be pointless paranoia and power-tripping. What, do they think terrorists are giving each other classified information over YouTube? I'm actually not worried at all about SOPA; it's so unpopular with literally everyone that it will never last long enough to become a problem. If they try to enforce it, they had better be ready for the chaos that will no doubt ensue.
Like it matters to the US government. :P They will keep trying to pass it until everyone runs out of energy, they'll do that with every constitution breaking act from now on. While everyone is busy fighting each over other gay marriage and abortion they're trampling on our rights.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

I just saw this... And now I'm moving to the U.K.

Anyway, a handful of schools have just recieved Ipads this year, but things such as online studies and videos, as they would count as quoting the important tests (OAA's, in this case), yet the government won't give a damn about the education or fun/enthusiasm, rendering the idea useless. It's already hard enough with people retiring and becoming unemployed as it is, but of course they have to make it silent and boring with paper, rather than having fun with the Ipads after/during the school year.

Well, I'll meet anyone at U.K.

Cbjfan1 wrote:
UnknownGlaze wrote:I just saw this... And now I'm moving to the U.K.
SOPA affects the internet, which is worldwide, silly.
I'm rebuilding the internet in a submarine inside the Bermuda Triangle.

If that doesn't work, I'll send a letter to the founder of SOPA with a robot hand that slaps him/her.

If SOPA passes...won't really bother me, I only use the internet for social networking, but I better get my house boarded up early in case of riots if the bill passes
A true friend is somebody who stands by you and comforts you when you feel down, this is why I love fridge raiders

Cbjfan1 wrote:SOPA affects the internet, which is worldwide, silly.
The bill should only affect the US, since our government can't really touch other countries ISP.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
The bill should only affect the US, since our government can't really touch other countries ISP.
You are wrong. The bill affects the whole world. There was a guy in the UK who posted a link to a song on a blog, giving credit to the original artists, and the US government came over, kicked his ass, arrested him, and fined his mother for copyright infringement due to SOPA.
INFINITE567 wrote:If SOPA passes...won't really bother me, I only use the internet for social networking, but I better get my house boarded up early in case of riots if the bill passes
Then don't post in this thread. This thread is for discussion of the act and if you don't care than leave it alone. Nobody gives a shit if it won't bother you.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:You are wrong. The bill affects the whole world. There was a guy in the UK who posted a link to a song on a blog, giving credit to the original artists, and the US government came over, kicked his ass, arrested him, and fined his mother for copyright infringement due to SOPA.
Sauce? Also, how the hell could that even happen if SOPA hasn't even been approved before? Sounds just like someone trying to hype things up in order to get people to oppose it.

Also, the US government doesn't own the Internet, they would at least need some sort of approval for them to enforce this in other countries. Either way, there'll be certain American websites used worldwide that will be shut down and SOPA might influence other countries as well, so it's not like the exclusion of other countries really matters, it's just a bad, stupid attempt at control over something the government feels insecure about.
It slep time bunner.

Trialtrex21 wrote:
Omniary wrote:
You are wrong. The bill affects the whole world. There was a guy in the UK who posted a link to a song on a blog, giving credit to the original artists, and the US government came over, kicked his ass, arrested him, and fined his mother for copyright infringement due to SOPA.
WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?????!?!??!?!? that is just STUPID, if someone gave credit for something, that dosen't mean they go to jail, OMG i wished the US Goverment would just LEAVE NOW!! or else i'll put :096: on them.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)