Re: END - A horror game

UnknownGlaze wrote:
STORY:
You are a repairman in Columbus, Ohio, who has been asked by the mayor to fix up an abandoned building for a hotel that's about to be placed inside. Upon cleaning the first floor, you take the elevator and head up. When you arrive, you notice that the windows around you appear to be tinted black. However, upon closer inspection, they arent tinted black, but everything on the outside is gone. The elevator doors slam shut behind you and fall down to the first floor. Stairs are around you, but many doors including the ones leading to the stairs are locked. You hear distant breathing, echoing noises, and the creaking of the building. Now you must find your way out of the soon-to-be Hell on Earth.

ENEMIES:
HE - Automatically Configurative Human
CRISIS - Unknown
"5H3" - Heavily Augmented Human
ZALGO - Demonic Contagion
KYOUKI - Japanese Curse
SMILEY - Mentally-Insane Human
NUMBER 8 - Carnivorous Locust Swarm
OMEGA - ?????
(Not sure if more are coming)

STAFF:
MODELLERS - D-9999, mrslig100, mrpeanut188, chris0matic
ANIMATORS - SCP-513
SOUND - Me, mrslig100
TEXTURES - Cridone, mrslig100, chris0matic
SCRIPTERS - SanderAKAlego, Cbjfan1, chris0matic's friend
VOICE ACTORS - MrGuilkeyFace, CLGaming, mrpeanut188

If you'd like to remove/add your name, post below, or PM me.

Suggestions for the game are also welcome, and the game engine is Unity. Thank you for reading/replying.

~~Unknown Glaze~~

single word titles are best titles

Good thing you switched to Unity, I've been working with Unity for quite some time already and have become pretty good with it.

Anyway is there anything on the programming side that needs to be done yet?

If any lines are needed, I'm still alive. Lol.
Also, maybe the story should have a very deep, dark, secret. Something that will make players think. Kinda like in the original Bioshock.
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

MrGuilkeyFace wrote:If any lines are needed, I'm still alive. Lol.
Also, maybe the story should have a very deep, dark, secret. Something that will make players think. Kinda like in the original Bioshock.
That was actually the plan. I won't spoil it, but I'll discuss it with you guys among PM's.

MrGuilkeyFace wrote:How about we create a skype group? It seems like a good idea.
I would, but it requires a goddamn premium account (gotta hate 'em), and I'm broke, and I can't just ask my parents for money. Someone else CAN start one. I'm not saying that any of you HAVE to. It would be greatly appreciated, though.

Just read through entire thread... large post inbound!
mrpeanut188 wrote:I can do modelling, maybe speak some of Smiley's lines. I don't have anywhere to record, so it's not the best quality.
I am busy with school, but now that the beginning of the year is over and I'm settled I can resume being active on the forums again.
In about a month I am moving to my permanent place, so I'll have to sit out for a few days, maybe a week.
In my perma-spot, just need to get comp set up.
UnknownGlaze wrote:I know, I know. Sudden change of plans. Again. Please don't get mad.

We are going to switch to Unity. Chris0matic has a friend that can program in JavaScript, and this is kind of easier, with dynamic lighting, physics, unique hands on programming, etc. Don't fret, though. I made this change. If anyone made something only compatible for Blitz3D, send it to me and I'll convert it to Unity.

Sorry guys for changing, but hopefully it's easier.
I would suggest you change to C# or C++, preferably C++. I hate Java after I tried to get my head around the Minecraft source code. The organization is really awkward for me, or maybe because it's because I started with GML.