Re: Random Off-Topic discussion

Let me start off by apologizing, as this is SCP relevant and thus may be in the wrong section, but being new to this site, I'm still learning the ropes. I couldn't find an appropriate place in the 'General Discussion' forum to post this, and am not able to create a new post, so this was the only place I could think was appropriate enough of a place to post this.

What I'm posting about isn't really important, but bugged me enough that I really wanted to post it and ask if anyone else has experienced it. Today I ran SCP:CB and was greeted with a new loading screen. Granted, I haven't been playing very long, either(Just a handful of days, really) so the thought did cross my mind that this could just be one I hadn't seen yet. That is, until I read in the usual context area 'It will happen on December 17th' or something similar to that. It read that something will happen today and I was wondering what 'it' was or if anyone else has come across this today. I was able to get some pictures as I reloaded SCP:CB and was able to get this loading screen again. It didn't pop up each time, but every so many tries it did. I'm unable to post the pictures, however, as they're on my computer and I don't feel like searching for a site that I can upload them to so that I can post them here. Another text that shows was 'Look my friend in the eye when you address him; isn't that the way of the gentleman?' An image of an older man in a suit with a hat appears off to the right of the screen. Using that text that quickly shows random numbers, letters, and symbols flashes above the aforementioned text and one of the texts I managed to stop on was this, of which I'm guessing is a seed: gj;R62w

I haven't actually run a game yet, as I was distracted with the loading screen and doing what I needed to be able to post this. I'll be playing a game with that seed after I post this.

It's always possible this is a SCP I haven't read yet or have forgotten, or it could be a reference to something else I'm entirely unfamiliar with, knowing me. The gentleman in the picture looks familiar, but I don't know who he is. --- (A few minutes passed here and I asked my parents and one of their friends about him) --- My dad's friend said the guy looked like an old actor named Humphrey Bogart, which upon inspection, there's a pretty striking resemblance, but I'm not at all familiar with this Bogart fellow. I tried seeing if there was any relevance between Bogart and December 17th, but came up short. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Again, I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

----- EDIT:

So, I did some searching I didn't think to do from the start and it turns out, this is SCP-990, also known as 'Dream Man'.

I looked in the Loadingscreens folder of my SCP:CB files and found the image I was looking for. It's named 'cwm' and provides the image of the man I described. I did some basic looking into the picture and eventually found what I was looking for. I'm not sure where to find the texts that appear on the loading screens, though. But, hey, at least this has been cleared up! I haven't found any previous instances of this loading screen showing up to other people, though, so it may be something that was triggered by today's date. I don't know. It could also be that the text that appears is set to change the date in the message to the day you load up the game. I'm not really sure if that's possible, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. Anyhow, I feel better knowing this wasn't something so entirely strange.

Omniary wrote:
Transmulier wrote:snip
A lot of people have asked about that, and to answer it, you would be right in that it's just set to display the current date. It's just sort of meant as an ominous message, with 'it' referring to the containment breach.
I looked through the source code and found the messages that you see zooming through the loading screen:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

If percent = 0 Then 
				Select Rand(10)
					Case 1
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] ="A very fine radio might prove to be useful"
					Case 2
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] ="ThIS PLaCE WiLL BUrN"
					Case 3
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] ="You can't control it"
					Case 4
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] ="eof9nsd3jue4iwe1fgj"
					Case 5
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] = "YOU NEED TO TRUST IT"
					Case 6 
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] = "Look my friend in the eye when you address him, isn't that the way of the gentleman?"
					Case 7
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] = "???____??_???__????n?"	
					Case 8
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] = "???????????"
					Case 9,10
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] = "It will happen on " +CurrentDate()
					Case 11,12
						SelectedLoadingScreen\txt[0] = CurrentTime()
				End Select
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

scp has three letter
a triangle has three sides
illuminati triangle has three sides and one eye at the center
the scp logo pointing at the middle
the illuminati eye is on the middle
but there are no eye
wait...
most of scp staff talks in north american accent
america first president is washington
the eye use for the all seeing eye (the illuminati symbol) use washingtons eye
and the eye is on the middle
scp logo pointing at the middle
so scp logo is illuminati symbol!!

ILLUMINATI CONFIRM
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo

So as anyone in the Skype group will know, I got the Sims 3 a few weeks ago and remade the group. Just now I've decided to exhibit my creations for historians in the future to discover.
So here I'm starting with TrialTrex21, not as revenge for his constant screaming, but because he is the first thing I created, I took this nice reference image of Trex the Enderman:
It wasn't until I looked this image up just now that I found out Trex does in fact wear pants.

Then out of it I made this:
No, I'm not spoilering this, you must view it in it's full beauty

Now I know what you're thinking, honestly, it's hard enough making a normal face, it's even harder trying to make a head that is square. You can not fathom how much effort this took.
During a session involving Trex and 7 other members of the group, Trex grew hair for some reason, before being electrocuted to death. After leaving his ashes in a flooded bathroom for a couple of days, we brought him back from the dead, and now he's a ghost. Any questions?
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.