Re: Random Off-Topic discussion

Hope nobody minds, but I did some changes to the SCP pages on the wiki.
Now each SCP has a little "history" thing at the end of its page, and it shows a small log of all the changes done to that particular SCP.

Example from 096's page:
Spoiler
  • 1.2: Can no longer spawn in the maintenance tunnels.
  • 1.1: Can now spawn in the maintenance tunnels.
  • 0.8: Now taller.
  • 0.7: Now spawns in a new room in the Heavy Containment Zone.
  • 0.6.6: Gained a new model.
  • 0.6: Added.
There are still a few SCPs awaiting their history sections:
Spoiler
SCP-1074
SCP-1048
SCP-178
SCP-682
SCP-860
SCP-990
SCP-1123
SCP-294
SCP-714
SCP-914
SCP-420-J
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cpbald wrote:Hope nobody minds, but I did some changes to the SCP pages on the wiki.
Now each SCP has a little "history" thing at the end of its page, and it shows a small log of all the changes done to that particular SCP.

Example from 096's page:
Spoiler
  • 1.2: Can no longer spawn in the maintenance tunnels.
  • 1.1: Can now spawn in the maintenance tunnels.
  • 0.8: Now taller.
  • 0.7: Now spawns in a new room in the Heavy Containment Zone.
  • 0.6.6: Gained a new model.
  • 0.6: Added.
There are still a few SCPs awaiting their history sections:
Spoiler
SCP-1074
SCP-1048
SCP-178
SCP-682
SCP-860
SCP-990
SCP-1123
SCP-294
SCP-714
SCP-914
SCP-420-J
And the point of this? All SCP-096 stuff could be easily found by Pressing "Ctrl + F" then typing in "SCP-096", in the Versions page.

SyphenTV wrote:And the point of this? All SCP-096 stuff could be easily found by Pressing "Ctrl + F" then typing in "SCP-096", in the Versions page.
I like the idea, I doubt anyone would prefer using Ctrl+F on the versions page over having everything in a nice list. I think the whole point of a wiki is to be able to find information about a specific thing easily, and all in the same place.

SyphenTV wrote:And the point of this? All SCP-096 stuff could be easily found by Pressing "Ctrl + F" then typing in "SCP-096", in the Versions page.
Similarly to what juan said, most people don't exactly prefer searching through the versions page for changes to a specific SCP, and would rather have it all on that SCP's specific page.
juanjpro wrote:I like the idea, I doubt anyone would prefer using Ctrl+F on the versions page instead of having everything in a nice list. I think the whole point of a wiki is to be able to find information about a specific thing easily, and all in the same place.
Thanks!
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cpbald wrote:Hope nobody minds, but I did some changes to the SCP pages on the wiki.
I never really saw the point of this. CB's changelist are really not that big at all, that's why we put all the patch notes on one page in the first place. I understand why most other gaming wikis tend to do this, but CB is really not that big of game where it needs to conform to other gaming wiki's conventions.

Also in the future, it's best to ask for admin permission before you go ahead and modify the standard style guide on 19 different pages.