Re: Your experience with computers?

This PC is my first one I've owned, and no problems so far, though my brother's Laptop recently went wrong. It crashed halfway through a windows update and really screwed up, its fine now though. The only thing electronic that's gone wrong of mine lately is my 7 year old PS3, that has started to overheat and shut down (Not YLOD) on PS3 games, but not PS2 or 1. Either new Paste or a replacement will be needed im guessing.

Anyway, back to PC's.
Local Forum Amateur and Galactic God Entity: Current mistakes:3
"If you collect them, something good might happen!" - About half of the Road Trip Adventure NPC's

Well, I'm a System/Network Technician by trade for the past 3 years. Before that lots of studying and such naturally.
I've been into IT for around 20 years now so needless to say I managed to gather quite a good amount of knowledge of all sorts :D

And I feel really old now....

I've been building my own Computers for about 15 years-ish and of course I used to make quite a few mistakes... Like not connecting Motherboard cables correctly and therefore ending up with a nearly electrocuted Serimah.
Oh... good times...
But I made my favorite hobby my job and I would never ever regret it. I love what I'm doing :D
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Me and my brother managed to resurrect an old 486 after my dad fixed up our old house and moved in. It worked fine for about a year until all the sudden the light at the bottom lit solid and the computer stopped making sounds while everything on the desktop froze. I pushed the case in a little bit and it started working again. Then a few weeks later it couldn't find the hard drive. Then it sat in my brother's room for months collecting dust. Then I put it in my room intending to fix it but never got to it. My brother took the tiny fan that cooled the processor and never returned it. It had spiders and dead bugs living in it. Eventually I had to throw it out into the trash can. All my work related to Game Maker has been lost because I was scared to remove the HDD. Thus the life of a neglected computer has ended.

R.I.P 486 1997 - 2011
"Checklist completed, S.O.B."

I probably don't have as much experience as most of you, but I generally have minimal problems with electronics. Only significant ones I can remember, are constant processing power problems with the 5 year old or so desktop (2.5GB RAM, Celeron Processor), the refurbed PS3 overheating and shorting out rather early, and the XBOX360 getting urinated on by the cat. Then again, I'm only 20, and have along life ahead of me....
Through observation of world events, and enduring life, one cannot deny the existence of the greed, intolerance, hate and immorals of past generations that corrupts the minds of future generations.

Destructoid wrote:No matter how well I treat a computer they always break on me.

I shoulda seen it coming. Booted it one day and I heard the clicking of doom. Poor thing didn't get past the load screen. My parents took it to Best Buy and they confirmed the HDD was infact, dead. Other than losing my shit over losing all my Skyrim progress, lots of family pictures and documents, accessing the internet for school is a pain in the ass. It'll probably be fixed in a day or two but for now I'll just have to do productive things. This is why steam didn't work all along. On the plus side I'm getting an HDD upgrade and I'll be able to play dota and rape noobs with invoker once again, maybe beastmode with weedman a little. This time I'm going to defrag that muthafucka every two weeks and pray to Lord Gaben that it won't break.

I hate computers.

So how have computers pissed you off my droogies.
My computer is like almost a super computer.It is a Win 7 desktop and I play any games it never lags.
But I feel sorry for you bro.
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

I'mNotBlappy wrote:
Destructoid wrote:No matter how well I treat a computer they always break on me.

I shoulda seen it coming. Booted it one day and I heard the clicking of doom. Poor thing didn't get past the load screen. My parents took it to Best Buy and they confirmed the HDD was infact, dead. Other than losing my shit over losing all my Skyrim progress, lots of family pictures and documents, accessing the internet for school is a pain in the ass. It'll probably be fixed in a day or two but for now I'll just have to do productive things. This is why steam didn't work all along. On the plus side I'm getting an HDD upgrade and I'll be able to play dota and rape noobs with invoker once again, maybe beastmode with weedman a little. This time I'm going to defrag that muthafucka every two weeks and pray to Lord Gaben that it won't break.

I hate computers.

My computer is like almost a super computer.It is a Win 7 desktop and I play any games it never lags.
I got it back today with a hard drive upgrade. Should work good again and steam should work too.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:
I'mNotBlappy wrote:

I hate computers.

I got it back today with a hard drive upgrade. Should work good again and steam should work too.
Yeah,I just hope that the same incident won't happen again. :)
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.