cartoons of today.

So in the scpcb group one thing has been constantly brought up by me, what happened to the good cartoons? It feels as if all the life was sucked out of them, I can only seem to enjoy a few things today and all that seems to be are just YouTube channels, oneyng, Harry patridge, etc. (anime is not a factor in this anime is not cartoons anime is anime)

Why do you think this has happened? Discuss.
Last edited by WhiteAce on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Re: cartoons of today.

Personally for me, Once Hanna-Barbera went defunct in 2001, Then most Cartoons lost their charm.

There still were some real Gems like Justice League, Justice League : Unlimited and What's New, Scooby Doo? etc.

To me, Traditional Animation beats Digital. By far.

Shows with repetitive plots and Weak Characters like Phineas and Ferb cannot compare to something like Batman : The Animated Series.

And Ultimate Spiderman? Talk about one Immature Show. It's just Stink Jokes and too much Toilet Humour. Now Spider-Man from 1994. That was a real Spider-Man show. Along with the 60s one too, Which was a bit more on the Campy Side.

If a Cartoon has Developed Characters, Good Music [ Mainly Orchestral but I like use of Synths too ], Great Animation [ DC Animated Universe being an example or Hanna-Barbera Shows. Bagdasarian Productions is another favourite. ;) ] and an overall, Lovely Story. Then It is worth remembering. To me, Anyway.

The Worst Cartoon was probably Cramp Twins. Talk about pulling Characters and Story straight out of a Sewer.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

It also all falls down to lack of storyline, most of the storylines are derived from other cartoons, just change a to b and instant new show, I think it is really important a cartoon has a good storyline even if the show is just a series of short stories put together to make an episode toilet humour on a children's cartoon is probably not the best way to go about it.

also da hell is did Sanjay and Craig shit, no just no.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

WhiteAce wrote:Sanjay and Craig.
I agree with Storylines.

Which is why Batman : The Animated Series from 1992 was so highly acclaimed. Not just by Critics, But the Audience as well.

It was the kind of Cartoon that gave me chills when I was younger.

There was one Episode from the 1997 Series [ The New Batman Adventures ] called " Over The Edge ". Seriously. Talk about one of the darkest moments in DC Cartoon History.

As for Sanjay and Craig.. Ugh. The look of the Characters is enough to make anyone sick. What has Anatomy come to?
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

I can't hold all this nostalgia...

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away