Re: Unity Game Engine, The Best Programming Engine

Opinions are relative. Games that I've seen from Unity seem mostly good enough; however, there seems to be these weird graphics issues when I try them on different computers as I go around (like lighting problems in a Windows XP and Windows 8 computer, but no problems in Windows 7), which don't exist depending on what Unity game I play.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Oskar-PL wrote:MOST of the games made on Unity are sh*t.
On the one hand side, that's true (unfortunately). On the other hand, that's not the case because Unity can't do better. Most indie game developers working with Unity use the standard assets like low res textures or buggy first person controllers for their projects, that's why most of the games look just awful (especially those indie horror games *cough*). Unity games could look (and work) much better if the engine's full potential was tapped, which is often not the case. Just saying.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

MonocleBios wrote:
Oskar-PL wrote:The best engine is the one you write yourself for your game.
I'd argue that for the vast majority of indie devs, this just isn't true.
Yeah, I'd think that instead an already existing code base would be better for indies. However a lot of engines, Unity included, allow coders to modify the Unity code base and editor inside of itself to tailor it to your game's needs.

In Terms of functionality unity is quite high maybe the best but unless you work really hard on your game graphical aspect of game will never be as good as SnowDrop Unreal Engine CryENGINE and so on

EDIT: And not only Graphics but also performance.
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D