SCP:CB Dota Players Get Together?

So like, who here plays dota?
I know Mirocaine and InnocentSam do, but I am here to root them out. And collect their souls.
Anyways, if anyone else does we should totally play together sometime or something.
Yep, something like that.

As for LoL players who are willing to a̶d̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶s̶ realize dota is for the true tryhards, or people who want to learn DOTA, here's the place. I don't consider LoL players part of this rule:
SFK363 wrote:2. NO racism, discrimination or anything related to the characteristics of a person, or to a specific group.
L̶o̶L̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶i̶e̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶♥♥♥♥ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶s̶e̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶r̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶'̶e̶d̶u̶c̶a̶t̶e̶d̶'̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶t̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶
So I guess I will just instead of bashing on LoL, explain that DOTA is a much better game:
  • More Russians
  • None of that 'Warp to Tower' bull♥♥♥♥
  • Tryhards that try much harder
  • MMR (Match Making Rating) system that keeps you in a wonderful place where supports don't buy wards, and your carries don't ever farm!
  • IceFrog, ♥♥♥♥ that Quinsoo nigga
If you're from LoL and you post here I swear I will find your house and torch it, find your own thread or be persecuted for our lord and savior GabeN, from whom all forgiveness is given.

P.S. You're not allowed to repost this tiny text. I want people to squint. Really, Really, Really hard.

Edit 1, less offensive topic title. The PCMR subreddit still is one, so if you really need one go over there.

Re: SCP:CB Dota Players Get Together?

I need to dust off my crazy MLG skillz if there's Dota on the horizon. Let's see those Russians handle this shit.

I also agree with your opinion on League, despite the fact that I actually played it for quite a while (Back before Dota 2 was a thing and LoL was still practically a Dota clone itself. Funnily enough, I reckon its credibility began to decline when it started trying to branch off and do its own thing). My MOBA-related hatred and vitriol is actually more directed towards Heroes of Newerth, which for several reasons I am convinced is the absolute worst thing ever.

Also...
mrpeanut188 wrote:SFK363 wrote:
Wot?

I play DotA every now and then, and am fairly good, but only as a select pool of heroes; I play a mean Phoenix with a 69%~ win rate and a 4.90 avg. K/D with 90+ matches, and I play pretty good as Death Prophet and Silencer, but I can play any hero if I have to (like in All-Random DM).

I have a friend who's pretty good at DotA too; much better than I am. He can play any hero but I've seen him at his best as Meepo, Rubick and Timbersaw.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Glitch wrote:Wow, I've had this game installed for like, a year now... I should play it sometime.
Steep, steep, steep, STEEP learning curve. It's not like Team Fortress, Call of Duty or other games where you can play a 10 minute tutorial and jump right in; it unfortunately requires a lot of- for lack of a better word- training.

My friends wouldn't even let me play with them online until I'd played 20 hours (about 30-35 matches).
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

I am one of those anomolies who play Dota 2 and League of Legends - I play League largely on the grounds that I have a number of friends who played it before Dota 2, and never "converted".
Tomgrakk wrote:My MOBA-related hatred and vitriol is actually more directed towards Heroes of Newerth, which for several reasons I am convinced is the absolute worst thing ever.
Heroes of Newearth is the worst thing ever. Each hero in Dota has a pathetically named HoN counterpart. For example, 'Luna' from Dota is called 'Moon Queen' in HoN. HoN is like one of those cheap Chinese knock-offs, such as the Gamechild, which certainly does not need explaining. From what I know, they have added nothing new or interesting to the game, therefore making it irrelevant while Dota exists.

Anyway, I am pleased with my performance on Dota lately, with a win rate hovering around the 70-80% mark this month, I am well on my way to leaving the 'trench'. As seen from my Dotabuff, I have lately been playing a lot of Faceless Void and doing well with him (37 games, 75% win ratio). I also enjoy playing nukers such as Zeus and Skywrath.

This is my Steam - add me if you wish, then maybe we could play a couple of games. We used to play it on those 'Gaming get together' things, but we stopped since not everybody knows how to, or wants to play Dota.