Self-esteem

The thoughts that i am stupid, a failure, that i dont belong anywhere, that my live is just a waste and i should end it right now make me sad.

This thread should be here to firstly know, if other people think the same and secondly, to motivate them again.
Sometimes its just our own mind and our thoughts that control us. Some nice words could help people to look different at their own person.

Things to read:

What To Do When You Hate Yourself

How to Cope With Suicidal Thoughts

Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough

Things to watch:

3 quick Tips
Spoiler
[youtube]zq-fSpFhNYw[/youtube]
Why do i hate myself?
Spoiler
[youtube]3ORNdE-nA8c[/youtube]
Fixing low self-esteem
Spoiler
[youtube]FeLpvgAVtU8[/youtube]
Last edited by Zarpox on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Re: Self-esteem

"Self Pity: I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

I got that quote from a movie, but it is true.

There is one problem I have with your post though.
You must like yourself with all you failures and that is hard. But if you accept your own person, you will become happy.
Aside from the grammar, I must say, OBJECTION. Happiness does not come from staying still and accepting your weakness, it comes from accomplishment. One must realize their weaknesses and work to replace that weakness with strength. As proof, Benjamin Franklin took a path towards moral perfection throughout his life, and while he never reached it, he commented in his autobiography that he was a better man and lived a better life because of this.

If you're a failure, then go and become a success. If you don't belong anywhere, then make your own place. Do not covet other people's success, for you are missing something of greater value inside yourself.

Yes what I said was extremely cheesy, but this is how victory is obtained if you believe in it. Furthermore, do not get prideful. You should not just rely on flimsy self-esteem, but you should esteem others, as they shall esteem you.

These are the truths that shall set you on a path of strength and happiness. It is not a path where you say "I am weak, but I'm okay with it", it is a path where you will say "I was weak, but I have overcome it". Yes it is a hard path, but if it wasn't ,it's rewards would not shine as brightly as they do.
Spoiler
Congratulations, you just got me to say the cheesiest motivational speech that I have ever said.

Re: Self-esteem

Awesomeguy147 wrote:"Self Pity: I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

I got that quote from a movie, but it is true.
Yeah, that really seems to be true.
Awesomeguy147 wrote:There is one problem I have with your post though.
You must like yourself with all you failures and that is hard. But if you accept your own person, you will become happy.
Aside from the grammar, I must say, OBJECTION. Happiness does not come from staying still and accepting your weakness, it comes from accomplishment. One must realize their weaknesses and work to replace that weakness with strength. As proof, Benjamin Franklin took a path towards moral perfection throughout his life, and while he never reached it, he commented in his autobiography that he was a better man and lived a better life because of this.
Okay, i was not sure if i should write that. And sorry for the grammar, i think i will edit the first post anyway and delete that thing.
You must realize your weaknesses sounds way better. Thank you for the example.
Awesomeguy147 wrote:If you're a failure, then go and become a success. If you don't belong anywhere, then make your own place. Do not covet other people's success, for you are missing something of greater value inside yourself.

Yes what I said was extremely cheesy, but this is how victory is obtained if you believe in it. Furthermore, do not get prideful. You should not just rely on flimsy self-esteem, but you should esteem others, as they shall esteem you.
Can i put that in the first post? :D
Awesomeguy147 wrote:These are the truths that shall set you on a path of strength and happiness. It is not a path where you say "I am weak, but I'm okay with it", it is a path where you will say "I was weak, but I have overcome it". Yes it is a hard path, but if it wasn't ,it's rewards would not shine as brightly as they do.
Spoiler
Congratulations, you just got me to say the cheesiest motivational speech that I have ever said.
Thank you for your post, i like your perspective on things.
Spoiler
Im sorry? :)