Can threads be deleted by moderators?

Hey all.

Don't usually venture out of the Modding forums, but I went on General Discussion to see what is what, and saw this:
Thought it was pretty funny that a troll went ahead and bumped loads of threads, but it begs the question: why not delete the threads? They weren't important and it makes Trialtrex/moderators look like asshats for locking 6 threads in 4 minutes :laugh: it was justified but only people who read each thread would see that. An outside source just sees a mod lock 6 different threads.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Re: Can threads be deleted by moderators?

I personally don't believe throwing threads into the incinerator is necessarily a better solution, honestly. It's pretty subjective as to what threads are "important", the very few types of threads that I do see as worthless and quickly disposable are, as Glitch mentioned, spam threads. Someone might find some inquiry about the Pocket Dimension useful, even if it is from 2012.

Think of locking threads as preserving them, there's little use in simply doing away with them, unless the thread is about coach outlets, which no one wants to see.
It slep time bunner.