Re: Official Five Nights at Freddy's Discussion Thread

The Radical Larry wrote:Scott screwed up.....
[youtube]FMJ2jZtW7cw[/youtube]
Mistake? Intentional/Plot Twist? What do you think?
Game Theory tends to leave alot of room for debate with their theories, and this doesn't seem to be an exception. According to scott:
I don't know much about fnaf's story( pretty much all of my understanding of the story comes from game theory) and I didn't look too deep into the comments, but I did see something about the kid being the victim of the "bite of '83" instead of the "bite of '87" like matpat thought. If that counter-argument doesn't work......... it's possible that Scott might be talking out of his ass in order to defend a major plot hole in the grand "finale" of his story.

So this guy questions the maker of a game on his own story which he made the games around.

10/10.

"Scott, in your rush to get your games out..."

I wanna slap this guy. Because you know, when you release a game early that means you rushed right? It's like he has no spare time, and finishes games quickly cause he isn't good at the engine he uses, or anything! It's like Scott doesn't work on his games!

That's pretty much saying, if SOMA was released a day or two early, people will talk and complain, saying Frictional Games and shit rushed. I think the same happened to L4D2. VALVe released it a year early, and people complained, yet it's an awesome game.

SyphenTV wrote:So this guy questions the maker of a game on his own story which he made the games around.
Oh no, how dare he try to CRITICIZE Scott by pointing out a plot hole in HIS MOST SACRED OF CREATIONS.

Ok, in all seriousness, this is matpat we're talking about here so it's very possible that it's wrong, but that doesn't make his attempts to criticize unjustified. Just because Scott made the story, doesn't mean it's perfect. Seriously, I have witnessed so many "Criticism is bad" arguments that it's starting to get painful.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:So this guy questions the maker of a game on his own story which he made the games around.
Oh no, how dare he try to CRITICIZE Scott by pointing out a plot hole in HIS MOST SACRED OF CREATIONS.

Ok, in all seriousness, this is matpat we're talking about here so it's very possible that it's wrong, but that doesn't make his attempts to criticize unjustified. Just because Scott made the story, doesn't mean it's perfect. Seriously, I have witnessed so many "Criticism is bad" arguments that it's starting to get painful.
Not even going to try.

SyphenTV wrote:
Awesomeguy147 wrote:

Not even going to try.
Not even going to try what? Please explain yourself. If I said something stupid, please strike it down with logic and reasoning. If I misunderstood you, then explain it so I can understand. Don't just leave me in the dark here, just spend of a moment of effort to refute my claim. That is how debate works.