Re: Doom 4

WhiteAce wrote:
Minmi96 wrote:I Hope this won't be like Doom 3 where its full of lame cardboard jumpscares.

The only thing liked about Doom 3 was its story and Barlowe/Giger-ish monster designs, the gameplay and atmosphere was utter meh.
Spoiler
Sorry if this post is Off Topic
OFF-TOPIC BAN HAMMER!

I understand what you mean about it though, Doom 3 was kind of wishy washy, I had wished for a faster paced Doom, Doom isn't horror nor should it ever be horror, they should have tried to make something other than Doom 3 that was horror, but wasn't terrible with jumpscares everywhere.
isnt the BFG Edition faster paced though? it also has more ammo and better graphics me think, might get it soon or something
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

undead003 wrote:I'm wondering whether the first two Doom games are the most moddable games of all time, because I have not seen anything more flexible. Especially with the source code being open.
They certainly are, Brutal Doom is perfect example of what skilled people can do with a 21-22 Year Old engine.
Spoiler
Fun Fact: I'm friends with the creator of Brutal Doom and hes a pretty cool guy.
FoxMccloud64 wrote: isnt the BFG Edition faster paced though? it also has more ammo and better graphics me think, might get it soon or something
I would buy the original Doom 3 instead, BFG Edition has little to none Mod Support.
If you do get the original Doom 3 you should get the Perfected Doom 3 Mod, it makes the game a whole lot better IMO: http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

Minmi96 wrote:
undead003 wrote:I'm wondering whether the first two Doom games are the most moddable games of all time, because I have not seen anything more flexible. Especially with the source code being open.
They certainly are, Brutal Doom is perfect example of what skilled people can do with a 21-22 Year Old engine.
Brutal Doom is okay, but it is not perfect. Nothing is - there's always more to be invented, and that's part of what makes Doom beautiful.

Spoiler
Fun Fact: I'm friends with the creator of Brutal Doom and hes a pretty cool guy.
No offense to you or Mark for that matter but yes Mark is a cool guy, he can get all worked up over things and end up blowing his top however which is why he was banned from Zdoom and Zandronum forums, not only did he attract negative attention but when someone said something constructive that he doesn't like he just doesn't know how to take criticism well, it results in him showing a lot of negativity towards that person, fair enough it's his mod but he still doesn't give credit to all of those who helped make brutal doom was it is today, for example beautiful doom in which Brutal doom's code is solely based off of.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Minmi96 wrote: I would buy the original Doom 3 instead, BFG Edition has little to none Mod Support.
If you do get the original Doom 3 you should get the Perfected Doom 3 Mod, it makes the game a whole lot better IMO: http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500
eh i dont really care much about mods, i like my games vanilla most of the time

but eh i might consider getting the original version and install that, or be a lazy ass and get the BFG edition lol
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

WhiteAce wrote:
Spoiler
No offense to you or Mark for that matter but yes Mark is a cool guy, he can get all worked up over things and end up blowing his top however which is why he was banned from Zdoom and Zandronum forums, not only did he attract negative attention but when someone said something constructive that he doesn't like he just doesn't know how to take criticism well, it results in him showing a lot of negativity towards that person, fair enough it's his mod but he still doesn't give credit to all of those who helped make brutal doom was it is today, for example beautiful doom in which Brutal doom's code is solely based off of.
That is wrong and disrespectful, he isn't like that at all, and has he ever intended to claim credit for himself, and its not his fault he got banned from the ZDoom & Zandronum Forums, it's the buttmad morons who call his mod a "bastardization" of the original Doom, if it weren't for people like Sarge then everyone would have lost interest in Doom years ago plus id Software wouldn't have bothered making Doom 4 if Brutal Doom didn't exist.

Minmi96 wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:No offense to you or Mark for that matter but yes Mark is a cool guy, he can get all worked up over things and end up blowing his top however which is why he was banned from Zdoom and Zandronum forums, not only did he attract negative attention but when someone said something constructive that he doesn't like he just doesn't know how to take criticism well, it results in him showing a lot of negativity towards that person, fair enough it's his mod but he still doesn't give credit to all of those who helped make brutal doom was it is today, for example beautiful doom in which Brutal doom's code is solely based off of.
That is wrong and disrespectful, he isn't like that at all, and has he ever intended to claim credit for himself, and its not his fault he got banned from the ZDoom & Zandronum Forums, it's the buttmad morons who call his mod a "bastardization" of the original Doom, if it weren't for people like Sarge then everyone would have lost interest in Doom years ago plus id Software wouldn't have bothered making Doom 4 if Brutal Doom didn't exist.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

undead003 wrote:
Minmi96 wrote: That is wrong and disrespectful, he isn't like that at all, and has he ever intended to claim credit for himself, and its not his fault he got banned from the ZDoom & Zandronum Forums, it's the buttmad morons who call his mod a "bastardization" of the original Doom, if it weren't for people like Sarge then everyone would have lost interest in Doom years ago plus id Software wouldn't have bothered making Doom 4 if Brutal Doom didn't exist.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Indeed he doesn't, just let him go though, he has no idea what went on at the Zdoom and Zandro forums and how Mark treats his fans, also it doesn't matter if it changes the approach Doom took, in whole it is still a mod for Doom and is allowed to be what the developer wants it to be.

Also I doubt he has any idea who he is speaking to in that manner, nor what I have done on other communities.
Mandatory blank signature, here.