Re: Chatty or Silent Protagonist?

I think chatty or silent depends on the game. If the character is talkative in a good way, and what they are saying make sense, that would work. If they just talk nonsense, I find it useless. If you are playing a Slender type game, and your character is just "OH I FOUND A PAPER, GOTTA FIND ANOTHER!", I think that is just useless and annoying.
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.

(Psst. I think Psychobilly was joking. For a person highly tied in with both of these games, one a developer and the other the owner of a wiki, it would be sort of self centered to blatantly yell that both games were better than SOMA of all things. I'm not saying either of these games are bad, I'm just saying that very few people are going to look at the game that had 'did you really think it was going to end seriously' as an ending and say that it was wayy more scary than seeing that fucking thing open the door and crawl in the room. Furthermore, Psychobilly stated the exact opposite of what you thought when you saw SOMA for the first time: The game easily classifies as a horror game, has tons of unnerving moments, a sturdy AI, and a good amount happens in the game. Thus I'm pretty sure a reasonable person like Psychobilly is being verbally ironic.)
Sorry for the wall of text.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Psychobilly2422 wrote:
Awesomeguy147 wrote:Or let's not, cuz it's a bad game and you should feel bad about having a positive opinion about it. Please be sure to like the correct things from now on.
I suggest you shut up, there's a thing called OPINIONS:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion
You took that line seriously and only focused on that.

[youtube]Yo5aL6EqzlE[/youtube]
(Psst. I think Psychobilly was joking. For a person highly tied in with both of these games, one a developer and the other the owner of a wiki, it would be sort of self centered to blatantly yell that both games were better than SOMA of all things. I'm not saying either of these games are bad, I'm just saying that very few people are going to look at the game that had 'did you really think it was going to end seriously' as an ending and say that it was wayy more scary than seeing that fucking thing open the door and crawl in the room. Furthermore, Psychobilly stated the exact opposite of what you thought when you saw SOMA for the first time: The game easily classifies as a horror game, has tons of unnerving moments, a sturdy AI, and a good amount happens in the game. Thus I'm pretty sure a reasonable person like Psychobilly is being verbally ironic.)
Sorry for the wall of text.
Possible, but I wouldn't put it beyond being serious, especially since it came from the depths of the FNAF fanbase. (not to mention that the things brought up are subjective, and in the case of the AI, easy to misunderstand as bad)

Anyways, my opinion still stands that I prefer characters who actually have, well... character.

Ok for one. FNAF has its moments, so does SOMA. Both are different games and therefore have different mechanics that work best. Not to mention the fact that both of you are seriously being douchebags. One is being a closeminded fuck towareds a game and using one of their own games to seem right. And the other is bashing on an entire community of gamers. Both of you need to shut the fuck up and open your minds.
Undertale Genocide Path:

(-_-) THE SMELL OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION

SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:Ok for one. FNAF has its moments, so does SOMA. Both are different games and therefore have different mechanics that work best. Not to mention the fact that both of you are seriously being douchebags. One is being a closeminded fuck towareds a game and using one of their own games to seem right. And the other is bashing on an entire community of gamers. Both of you need to shut the fuck up and open your minds.
https://youtu.be/cUIxil_648I?t=11s

slender1200 wrote:
SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:Ok for one. FNAF has its moments, so does SOMA. Both are different games and therefore have different mechanics that work best. Not to mention the fact that both of you are seriously being douchebags. One is being a closeminded fuck towareds a game and using one of their own games to seem right. And the other is bashing on an entire community of gamers. Both of you need to shut the fuck up and open your minds.
https://youtu.be/cUIxil_648I?t=11s
how dar u steel my comeback i rek u punk
In all seriousness, that was a good comeback.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

For one, this thread doesn't need to be derailed further by this, Two, that was one line and you know it's true. I'm not judging the whole entire fanbase, but she is clearly not from the good portion. All this post does is increase the risk of more drama happening, and I'd prefer not to waste my time on something so stupid as that.

Anyways, back on topic.

D-9999 wrote:The silent protagonist thing is fine for SCPCB, but I wouldn't know. I'm only an amateur at game developing, so I wouldn't know all that fancy shmancy storytelling stuff.
I always think that D-9341 would gasp a bit, or sigh when SCP-079 interrupts broadcasts, or shuts doors on you. But nope, that idea sucks because it breaks all the immersion.

SyphenTV wrote:
D-9999 wrote:The silent protagonist thing is fine for SCPCB, but I wouldn't know. I'm only an amateur at game developing, so I wouldn't know all that fancy shmancy storytelling stuff.
I always think that D-9341 would gasp a bit, or sigh when SCP-079 interrupts broadcasts, or shuts doors on you. But nope, that idea sucks because it breaks all the immersion.
I like that idea, it would make more sense if he would do that kind of stuff instead of just having a poker face when 173 appears in his face.