Re: Chatty or Silent Protagonist?

slender1200 wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:
D-9999 wrote:The silent protagonist thing is fine for SCPCB, but I wouldn't know. I'm only an amateur at game developing, so I wouldn't know all that fancy shmancy storytelling stuff.
I always think that D-9341 would gasp a bit, or sigh when SCP-079 interrupts broadcasts, or shuts doors on you. But nope, that idea sucks because it breaks all the immersion.
I like that idea, it would make more sense if he would do that kind of stuff instead of just having a poker face when 173 appears in his face.
In a game like SCP:CB, it would probably be best just to keep D-9341 completely silent. It's the players job to react and D-9341 isn't much of a character anyway and should stay that way.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:In a game like SCP:CB, it would probably be best just to keep D-9341 completely silent. It's the players job to react and D-9341 isn't much of a character anyway and should stay that way.
I think he should speak sometimes if it's really needed, but I agree that for the most part he should be completely silent. (except for breathing when the player has been running too much)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

d9346 wrote:Somehow the only thing that we can hear from D-9341 is his breathing and when he encounters SCP-012.
... Can you like... stop... please... just... like... git gud... please.
Spoiler
And isn't it past time for the monthly D-Class Termination anyways.
Something on topic, Something on-topic... oh I know, how about a quote from a beloved protagonist that we can all identify from the beautiful poetry of their words alone.

"..."

Such genius writing.