Assisted Suicide: Right Or Wrong?

So theres a story about a man who was terminally ill and was barely being kept alive. He was always suffering and needed painkillers just to make it through each day. Till one day he asks his daughter whos taking care of him as part of a nursing at home program of some sorts, to give him the bottle of pain medicine. She gives it to him knowing he needs painkillers to make it through each day. What she didnt know is that he was going to use it to end his suffering. She saw him kill himself but allowed it to happen because it was what he wanted. Someone from the program came by sometime after that and had the man rushed to the hospital and revived. When he was revived he woke up screaming and ripped the IVs out and killed himself on the hospital bed. Now the courts tried the woman with assisted suicide. Now I ask you all this people. Do you honestly feel good about yourself forcing someone to stay alive through constant suffering till they die of "natural" causes. Or do you think someone in this scenario should be allowed to ask someone to "pull the plug" wether it be metophorically or literally?
Undertale Genocide Path:

(-_-) THE SMELL OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION

Re: Assisted Suicide: Right Or Wrong?

Theimperfectbeing wrote:
SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:snip snap snoop
I'd have to say no to this. A good portion of suicide attempt survivors claimed they regretted making the decision to kill/harm themselves.

We arent talking assisted suicide for someone whos depressed or suicidal. We are talking about people who are already going to die and have almost 0 chance at living. who are terminally ill. And taking suicide so they dont have slowly crumble into dust slowly and painfullu.
Undertale Genocide Path:

SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:
Theimperfectbeing wrote:
SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:snip snap snoop
I'd have to say no to this. A good portion of suicide attempt survivors claimed they regretted making the decision to kill/harm themselves.

We arent talking assisted suicide for someone whos depressed or suicidal. We are talking about people who are already going to die and have almost 0 chance at living. who are terminally ill. And taking suicide so they dont have slowly crumble into dust slowly and painfullu.
In that case, it should be permitted for them to be taken off life support or euthanized at their own will if they are likely to die from a medical condition. There seems to be no point in delaying it if they don't want it to be delayed.
eric

Theimperfectbeing wrote:
SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:thats what im sayin' but fuckers in political office try to say its not allowed. God we are so twisted on our morals.
I thought terminally ill people could receive euthanasia if requested. I'm not sure if it's a federally established law in the USA though, so it might vary by state.

In some states its considered murder. When i said some fucker in a politicl office. I meant state level.
Undertale Genocide Path: