Doom WAD - Haunting In The Labs - [Ver 2]

So I've been playing with a Doom level editor (Doom Builder) for a while and I really want to make a Doom WAD. Personally, I don't like a majority of the WADs I make but I've never really asked anyone else about them. I thought I might as well stop being to quiet on this forum and show you guys instead.

The WAD is currently in a very early build but I just want to hear some thoughts on it so far.

Download:

You need Doom 2 in order to run this WAD. Run using GZDoom (If you don't have it, a simple Google search will bring it up).
*USE BOTH THE HAUNTING IN THE LAB WAD AND THE "HiTL Assets" WAD OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE BROKEN TEXTURES*

(Google doc-ing scrublord)

Random Tid-bits:
-The name "Haunting in the Lab" is based on the song "Haunting the Chapel" by Slayer

-The map uses textures from one of my favorite Doom WADs Beta Labs

-It's actually f--king balanced-ish.

---------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Glenn dies

---------------------------------------------------
So tell me whatcha think and if you find all the secrets! Reports glitches in the comments or in a PM. You can also suggest designs or other things, just PM those to me, as I know you guys like to suggest A LOT.
Last edited by Sic on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."

Re: Doom WAD - Haunting In The Labs - [Ver 2]

Not overally a bad looking map, a few things I would like to point out though.

- In one of the rooms (Blue keycard is required to access it) there is blue carpet leading to a dead end although while you don't actually have to do this what I would do is make the carpet just a little bit (Say 16 pixels) away from the wall
- Having to load a second file for the resources (Personal preference)
- Two switches that seem to do actually nothing

Things I liked about it:

- It looks very vanilla, there are maybe a few textures that takes it away from being true vanilla but it's very nice
- Very balanced especially so for a first level, good use of a pickups
- The exit door is actually the exit, I don't know why but I guess I just never liked this about doom, it leaves more to the imagination of how the player actually gets to the next level

Don't let anything I say discern you, I am just offering advice to you as someone who has experienced making maps for Doom 2.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Re: Doom WAD - Haunting In The Labs - [Ver 2]

WhiteAce wrote:The same room with the carpet I think it was originally meant to make the lift in the room lower but whenever I try activating it, it does nothing.

EDIT: I've circled the things I was referring to just to clarify it.
Ah yeah, that one big science-y room, lol. That's the unfinished room I was talking about earlier. I set the textures but I haven't set the mechanism yet. I'm gonna get that working soon, I just haven't been feeling up to doing anything really lately. Laziness.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."