PHYSIOLOGIC ATTACK!

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK WITHOUT READING THE PAGE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZN7rbJLoc
WARNING: This song contains confirmed instances of binaural beats and high-pitched frequencies which are known for causing (and, in this case, were deliberately used to cause) discomfort, possibly to an extreme extent. It is NOT recommended that you listen to this using headphones, or allow children under the age of 12 to be exposed to this at all. I am not responsible for any adverse side-effects anybody may experience listening to this song. This song may cause rash and seemingly unprovoked emotions and or flash backs, i am not responsible -- you listen at your OWN RISK.

Background story: It's fairly well known that Pocket Monsters for the Gameboy was a huge hit when it came out in early 1996 in Japan. It's also fairly well known that the Lavender Town music was changed before the western release of the game. There are wild stories and mass speculation pertaining to this. In particular, rumors circulated of binaural beats and high-pitched frequencies being used in the original music to induce feelings of discomfort, which went almost entirely unnoticed by adults. There are also claims of children, usually close to 100 in number, committing suicide because of the music.
What isn't fairly well known is that the children who died were actually part of a pre-release playtest group in late 1995, consisting of around 1,000 children from the Osaka area aged between 6 and 12 years old. These children were all given a beta copy of the game on a legitimate-looking cartridge, and allowed to play at their discretion. Many of the children got as far as Lavender Town, but few continued playing after that. Out of those children, many exhibited odd symptoms, including tremors, insomnia, hallucinations and excessive picking or scratching at the skin. Indeed, many of those purported suicides were actually cases of suffocation or unchecked convulsions in the night...although some children did kill themselves in seemingly deliberate ways. The connection was immediately made between these severe cases and the music in Lavender Town, and the beta copies were recalled immediately and the music changed.

[Edit]
The version I first posted had the binaural beats taken out, and it didn't cause a headache.
Also be on the look out 1:00, as it's really painful to the ears.
Last edited by mrpeanut188 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: PHYSIOLOGIC ATTACK!

Serimah wrote: But some of the remixes put on Youtube are just fantastic O.O
Yeah, besides the creepy-pasta, the found some inversed frequencies that analyzed to make a picture. Google 'Lavender Town Missing Frequencies'.
Serimah wrote:But yeah... the old version does give me a tiny headache after a while.
Yeah me too, but on children it's supposed to be a lot worse. xD

Ah yes, The Lavender Town Theme lol

Interestingly, There are actual frequencies that can only be heard by children.

Call me evil but I've configured my iPhone to play such frequencies and drive children nuts when in public places. ;)

You should look up the Buried Alive and White Hand Pokemon Creepypasta. Quite interesting.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

It wasn't because it was scary that people got seizures from hearing it, it's because there had been put a few beats into the music, beats known as binaural beats that people can use in brainwave entrainment.
It generates 2 different tones, a high and a low, and puts the high tone through one ear and the low tone through the other ear, which makes the brain search for the frequence right inbetween the 2 tones.

Isochronic tones are better though, in that they don't require you to wear a headset, like binaural beats does.

The ghost and the unknowns that people said were hidden in the music was actually put their by a fan, forgot the name of the program he used to do it.
But i like the lavender town theme anyway even when i know about all the things about it.

Been using binaural beats and isochronic tones for antistress and relaxing for about 2 years now.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

I was wondering about those hidden frequencies for a while. But it figures... of course a fan would put that in there.
I've read/watched countless creepy paste concerning the original Lavender Town theme and pretty much 99% of it is fake (of course).

I do however firmly believe that those old frequencies can cause you severe headaches if you are sensitive enough.
Imagine something like this in Containment Breach. I'd probably end up killing myself next time I heard the 173 sound :shock:
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

FireFox wrote:
SFK363 wrote:I'm not gonna listen to this.
Don't worry, It is fake.

There are no hidden frequencies in any of the YouTube Videos.

Mainly because of the Video Compressor that YouTube uses and that there were never any in the Game Music to start with.
What does it sound like? :/