Re: PHYSIOLOGIC ATTACK!

SFK363 wrote:This may sound stupid, but I assume that high frequencies are "piercing" sound effects that make me take my headphones off instantly?
Unless you have suuuuuper sensitive hearing, nah. They will be very uncomfortable after a bit. That's it.
It also depends on the sound volume too ;) So unless you turn it all the way up to destroy your eardrums by sheer noise, you're good.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

SFK363 wrote:This may sound stupid, but I assume that high frequencies are "piercing" sound effects that make me take my headphones off instantly?
It does sound stupid, a sound can't really kill you.... unless you have hidden reflex epilepsy. >:D
Serimah wrote:So unless you turn it all the way up to destroy your eardrums by sheer noise, you're good.
Who does that? Only rapists. Are we talking about rap or rape? No one knows...

mrpeanut188 wrote:
It does sound stupid, a sound can't really kill you.... unless you have hidden reflex epilepsy. >:D
Serimah wrote:So unless you turn it all the way up to destroy your eardrums by sheer noise, you're good.
Who does that? Only rapists. Are we talking about rap or rape? No one knows...

How did you manage to go from loud noise to rap/rape? I'm wondering whether to admire or fear you.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Just to ruin it for all of you, I'd like to point out that the gameboy only had one speaker and did not support L/R channels for headphones. Binaural sounds may cause some affect on some people, but Lavender Town won't do shit, because it's only possible for it to be uni-aural. If you got a headache, you're either experiencing a placebo, or the stress of listening to something you think is voodoo magic induced the headache. As for any other claims you might have, I'm going to maintain that they were bullshit.

Oh, and as for the thread title? Physiological is very different to psychological. This is the latter.
Mr Sensible Ideas

Serph Bravin wrote:Just to ruin it for all of you, I'd like to point out that the gameboy only had one speaker and did not support L/R channels for headphones. Binaural sounds may cause some affect on some people, but Lavender Town won't do shit, because it's only possible for it to be uni-aural. If you got a headache, you're either experiencing a placebo, or the stress of listening to something you think is voodoo magic induced the headache. As for any other claims you might have, I'm going to maintain that they were bullshit.

Oh, and as for the thread title? Physiological is very different to psychological. This is the latter.
That is true.
Binaural beats demands you to use headsets because of the way they work, with 1 tone on the left and another on the right.
And I'm not sure much was known about using isochronic tones in games back then, with their main property being that they don't demand you to have a headset and can be heard from any sound output, if you listen well enough for them and you know what you listening to.

There's also monaural beats, but i haven't read much about those since i didn't find them as useful as isochronic tones.

The creepypasta story about it was well written but turned shtty when i got to ending section of it where there apparently was ghosts of children in his room.
That part really ruined the well written story and made it ridiculously bad.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.