106 Sound Effect

You know that sound that plays when 106 appears? Like a sudden bang?

When I was looking back at the earlier versions of Containment Breach and recall SCP-106's Sound being more slower and almost like a machine stopping.

Heard at about 6:30 is the old sound - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drfruwiLBU

The current sound that plays is in this video at 3:59 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xANp5UWsxUo

I just wanted to know, Which do you prefer? Both are Horror7.ogg. The old one was replaced by the new one. ;)

I, personally, think they both are good. But for some reason, The Old one sounds more " Old Man-ish ". It's slower and heavier sounding. It just seem to suit him more [ To me, Sort of ].

The New one gives that " Shock Factor ". Old one gave more of a sense of dread.

What do you think? I am not saying change it back to it, By the way. I just want to know what you think.
Last edited by FireFox on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

Re: 106 Sound Effect

Serimah wrote:I'm not sure what you mean.... you mean that in the video he just appeared without his usually crackling noise while rising from the ground?
Because that sound you're talking about is still ingame as far as I remember. Whenever you'd think you finally lost 106 you'd hear that strange sound while 106 appears out of the nearest wall.
No, Not the sound that plays when he is spawned.

But the sound that happens when he entered your view of sight.

There was an old one that was more slower. It might be a bit hard to hear in the video.. Mainly, Because of the screaming from the player though.

If I find a better one, I will link it.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter

Re: 106 Sound Effect

Serimah wrote:Aaaah, now I finally get what you mean. I'm sorry after playing Containment Breach for so long I got the sounds mixed up.
Personally I have to admit that I prefer the old one to be honest. It had a more sinister feel to it, but that's just me.
I get what you mean. :)

The old one gives me a sense of dread when the Old Man appears.

The new one is just a quick shock.

Both are named Horror7.ogg. Just the new one replaced the old one in the later versions of the Game.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter