Help running 087-B

Basically, what happens is that the game starts as normal. You get the random characters on the metal plate before you are actually dropped into the game, however, the game will not progress past this point, instead, it just gets stuck and won't do anything. Redownloading didn't seem to help, and I've tried running in windowed mode, and altering the resolution, but I can't actually get past that first part. I have not tried building the source myself, but maybe I could, if I had to. Really any help would be nice.

Well, I see that this got little response, so I'll put what I've found.

It seems to be quite hit and miss on newer hardware, and I honestly have no idea what to tweak to get it to work. Sometimes it just seems like it changes it's mind and just works. Other times, not so much.

One solution that I have found almost always works, is running the game on older computers. Especially if they only have one CPU core. No ideas why, it just works. It might also just be windows XP, but I can't be sure about that either.

Sorry that this isn't really all that helpful, but I just thought I'd post what I found.