Why?

087-B was introduced to me by Combine, stating it as "the scariest game ever". I saw a bit.. And well, Im horrified. I seem to have a fear of hallways and darkness. I really dont get why I'm so scared of the game. Its weird... I mean, someone normally wouldn't think that hallways and stairs and a few jumpscares isnt scary. The question is,
What make's it scary?

Sure, most of you will say the small variety of monster's and jumpscares. But is there more to that?

Re: Why?

chris0matic wrote:087-B was introduced to me by Combine, stating it as "the scariest game ever". I saw a bit.. And well, Im horrified. I seem to have a fear of hallways and darkness. I really dont get why I'm so scared of the game. Its weird... I mean, someone normally wouldn't think that hallways and stairs and a few jumpscares isnt scary. The question is,
What make's it scary?

Sure, most of you will say the small variety of monster's and jumpscares. But is there more to that?
The darkness and the ambient sounds. The fact that on one of the floors you're sealed off from the outside world. And in my opinion, the crude graphics had a role in it. I believe that a game's graphics can add a horror factor to it.

IMO, SCP-087-B isn't scary. It's just walking, walking, jumpscare, walking, jumpscare, walking, walking, jumpscare, death.

CommanderPro100 wrote:IMO, SCP-087-B isn't scary. It's just walking, walking, jumpscare, walking, jumpscare, walking, walking, jumpscare, death.
What? This game's absolutely terrifying.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

One word. Dread. The game is powered on dreadin the way that you keep going wondering when the next scare will be, and itonly comes when you let your guard down. Cryoatic.did a playof it on the Youtubes, he went insane. It was amusing, but understandable. I'd link you, but smartphones can't do that.

Ltn Vasquez wrote:One word. Dread. The game is powered on dreadin the way that you keep going wondering when the next scare will be, and itonly comes when you let your guard down. Cryoatic.did a playof it on the Youtubes, he went insane. It was amusing, but understandable. I'd link you, but smartphones can't do that.
are you talking about his playthrough of SCP-087? he went a bit more insane on that one :p

[youtube]Xkfar_A3ZGs[/youtube]

Yes, but he ws on for 45 minutes. He did the new on for only a quarterof an hour and the way he reacted was the closest reaction to actually being in the game.

Cbjfan1 wrote:Cry is the bestest youtuber :3
He's the only actual "serious" gamer. The only one who shows emotions other than plain humor.

Ltn Vasquez wrote:
Cbjfan1 wrote:Cry is the bestest youtuber :3
He's the only actual "serious" gamer. The only one who shows emotions other than plain humor.
Sometimes he gets so immersed in the game that he actually scares the living piss out of me.
I remember that certain totally insane laugh in one of his "Corpse Party" videos.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah