Re: Room Modding Help

fralor wrote:So, Been interested in modding the game for a while, have made simple sound / graphic mods. Figured out how to edit / make my own map parts, but they always end without another section at the end of them. Any idea on how to fix that? :!:
So you are converting your map models to a .b3d format and replacing the original parts correct? If your pieces do have a doorway for in + out then the only reason I could think they're getting cut off:

1). Map pieces are clipping into each other from size.
2). Perhaps they need to be within the size of the original room because anything bigger than that isn't rendered/cut off.

There's going to be a lot of compatibility problems if you change map pieces.. most of them already have triggers/scripted events set in specific places for the game (For example the hallway piece) and changing them drastically could result in.. void. Lol.

Edit:
Screenshots would be good.

Any chance we could get sorce code of SCP-087B? I really want to start making games in BiltzMax or Blitz3D (i have them both) but i can't even program correct room or camera :lol:
Nothing here for now, because the site with my previous banner got infected.

fralor wrote:I have not been converting to a .b3d format. Is that the issue? Just been messing with the x file in 3dsmax and such. Has worked, aside from the lacking of it making another room :|
Oh, my bad -- looks like 087-b does use .x for map file (whereas SCP:CB uses .B3D)
Any screenshots you can post so I can see?

fralor wrote:Thats new, it actually spawned the next area, but it was down there. its odd cause i kept the maps in the exact same space.
The game probably uses internal scripting, it generates the map, then generates trigger locations automatically, so I don't think it has a high chance of working.