Re: Multiplayer Mod

Why couldn't you use the assets/libraries in the SCP 087-2 multiplayer mod to make SCP:CB multiplayer for the networking?
I know you, but you don't know me.
I see you. Don't believe me?
Here is some proof:

==================
| You are viewing my post |
==================

Mr. Guy wrote:Why couldn't you use the assets/libraries in the SCP 087-2 multiplayer mod to make SCP:CB multiplayer for the networking?
Networking in CB is far more complex than in this game, and back when I was working on it I barely had any idea of what I was doing. The main problem with the CB mod is that it uses variable timesteps by default, which makes proper syncing nearly impossible. I did implement fixed timesteps once I understood this issue but the game's code is still so disorganized and broken that I decided to stop working on that mod. 087-B's code is manageable because it's a smaller game.

juanjpro wrote:
Mr. Guy wrote:Why couldn't you use the assets/libraries in the SCP 087-2 multiplayer mod to make SCP:CB multiplayer for the networking?
Networking in CB is far more complex than in this game, and back when I was working on it I barely had any idea of what I was doing. The main problem with the CB mod is that it uses variable timesteps by default, which makes proper syncing nearly impossible. I did implement fixed timesteps once I understood this issue but the game's code is still so disorganized and broken that I decided to stop working on that mod. 087-B's code is manageable because it's a smaller game.
Oh ok. Thanks for the response.
I know you, but you don't know me.
I see you. Don't believe me?
Here is some proof:

==================
| You are viewing my post |
==================