Multiplayer Mod

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ WHOA WHAT'S THIS?? πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚
Since the SCPCB mod has been cancelled, I decided to revive a smaller project I started to learn about networking and turn it into a playable mod.
There's a readme explaining everything you need to know, make sure you take a look at it.
This is a string that the mod parses to detect updates. Please ignore it. ##LATEST_VERSIONv0.4##

Here's a video since a screenshot wouldn't explain what this mod does well enough:
[youtube]IonxXoX29yM[/youtube]

Download:
http://www.indiedb.com/mods/scp-087-b-mp/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pvqctb90ll4l ... d.zip?dl=1

The download includes all of the game's files so you don't need to download anything separately.

Notes:
  • Monsters are really overpowered right now, so unless you're ten Class-D's vs one monster or playing with some rules, you might find this boring.
  • Server hosts need to forward UDP port 8730 for others to connect through their public IP.
Known bugs:

Code: Select all

none so far
Last edited by juanjp600 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Re: Multiplayer Mod

Maria B) killed juanjpro!
juanjpro fell to their death!
juanjpro: ouch
juanjpro: wtf is going on
juanjpro: i need to fix the respawning lol

juanjpro wrote:Since the SCPCB mod has been postponed indefinitely, I decided to revive a smaller project I started to learn about networking and turn it into a playable mod.
There's a readme explaining everything you need to know, make sure you take a look at it.
So there'll be servers? Nice :P

EDIT: I created a server. Hello, Mr Mav. Please, we didn't need you.
EDIT 2: I forgot to put MY IP address. Sorry xD
Last edited by AgentParadox on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KirbyMario12345 wrote:
juanjpro wrote:Since the SCPCB mod has been postponed indefinitely, I decided to revive a smaller project I started to learn about networking and turn it into a playable mod.
So there'll be servers? Nice :P

EDIT: I created a server. Hello, Mr Mav. Please, we didn't need you.

Once servers are fixed, I'll be looking forward to playing it.
I'd be obliged to play a game or two with you. Don't run, you can't escape this. ( Ν‘Β° ΝœΚ– Ν‘Β°)
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

D-9999 wrote: I'd be obliged to play a game or two with you. Don't run, you can't escape this. ( Ν‘Β° ΝœΚ– Ν‘Β°)
( Ν‘Β° ΝœΚ– Ν‘Β°) I would but I got a Memory Access Violation as soon as I launched the server. :/ Unless it's a fault on my part.

Edit: Server is up, IP:92.31.154.161
Edit 2: A bunch of shit happening stopped me.

juanjpro wrote:Updated:

- Added update notifications (similar to the auto-updater in BoH except you must download updates manually)
- Fixed blurring when enemies are nearby
- Fixed ghost players on disconnect
Nice fix! If anyone wants to join a server with me, they can. (PM me if nopelol )
Last edited by AgentParadox on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.