I Haven't Played

Is it worth it? I love pushing the scare factor, and the paranoia, and I think it would me amazingly awesome to play because I really freak out at walking into someplace that I don't know what's in it. Understand, the darkness is fine and great and I could walk in it all day, but the not knowing if I'm going to get attacked really gets to me, which I would love to test. Is this game worth a playthrough or twelve? As well as SCP-087?
There is no one like me, Doctor, *Chuckles* -Plague Doctor

My SCP: CB plays and SCP Readings!

Re: I Haven't Played

SCP-Bones wrote:Is it worth it? I love pushing the scare factor, and the paranoia, and I think it would me amazingly awesome to play because I really freak out at walking into someplace that I don't know what's in it. Understand, the darkness is fine and great and I could walk in it all day, but the not knowing if I'm going to get attacked really gets to me, which I would love to test. Is this game worth a playthrough or twelve? As well as SCP-087?
After your first play through 087-B honestly gets pretty boring. Things pop up in the darkness redundantly, and when something pops up in your face, just back up to keep a distance. Keep an eye on the red guy, and everything else is just probability of whether the game cheats you of your time via dead end.
SCP-087 is arguably more boring, but the scare factor is worse because you've been walking down flights of stairs a million times over. You'll probably want to play 087-B a few times because it's a surprisingly surprising hallway simulator that is actually fun (for me), but SCP-087 is just the same scare at a random time every play through.
I hope you know that neither of these are as 'action' packed as Containment Breach.

(I'm not trying to criticize the games, I'm just saying how I felt. They're both pretty cool.)
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Thank you for your input. It's a good thing to know. Still it's worth at least one playthrough! :D

SCP: CB is the most awesome of awesome I've ever come across. I've only manged to finish once but that could likely be because I always get turned around. A lot. I keep not going where I need to go to advance. I'm good at that :D

087-B use to get to me pretty bad a while back. The main reason for it being is the anticipation. The further you go down, the more of a chance you have with encountering a monster. It's really nerve racking and fun on your first playthrough, but I could admit that after a playthrough or two it can get a bit boring. But it's 2 hours of walking down stairs that'll keep you on the edge of your seat til the very end. :)

RancidBuffalo wrote:If you're looking for good indie Horror games, I have a couple reccomendations. I've played several good ones and a million bad ones.
(shameless plugging) Or, if she wants to see some bad horror games, she could check my list. It's full of a bunch I've and a bunch other people have played. :)
Last edited by Cridone on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:
RancidBuffalo wrote:If you're looking for good indie Horror games, I have a couple reccomendations. I've played several good ones and a million bad ones.
(shameless plugging) Or, if he wants to see some bad horror games, he could check my list. It's full of a bunch I've and a bunch other people have played. :)
Actually I'm a she, but thank you :D I'll check them out.

Thank you for the edit! I appreciate it. I've actually downloaded a few on the list :D

Cridone wrote:
(shameless plugging) Or, if she wants to see some bad horror games, she could check my list. It's full of a bunch I've and a bunch other people have played. :)
Don't forget Steve's Office.