Better SCP-914 Mod [WIP]

How about a mod that expands SCP-914 capabilities. Right now i feel that sometimes SCP-914 doesn't do what it supossed to based on 914 powers, and only limiting factor should be 914 backfiring not like it's right now when i put mastercard on very fine and i get mastercard, i fell like it shouldn't happen.

Anyone intrested in helping follow to this link (Preview doesn't work for me) here and click edit it's somewhere there. Then click at that help in right top corner and study it, i promise it's totally worth it, secondly at bottom there are tabs just double click at empty space name it however you want and start up you imagination. Anyone that has coding skill will be more than pleasant to help along the way. First version should be to a 20.09.2015 when someone will show up to help and if not to a 4.10.2015. If you see "Thinking/?" you can finish it in anyway you want even nuking entire facilty if it would make sense but if for an instance you see "Thinking/kill" try to end it up by killing the player. So fell free to overwrite these but DON'T delete anything AND don't touch anything else, please be human. If you don't want anyone to change just type "Thinking" without anything so everybody knows that you will make it.

If you don't want to go anywhere then post this in a form of a reply.
Spoiler
Needed item(s):
Rough:
Coarse:
1 to 1:
Fine:
Very fine:
*Optional* Death message:
The best you can do to help me is to finally end everything with death/freeze/nuclear blast/lost of an item/anything else so the cause ultimately would be backfiring of 914

Theory:
Done:
Batteries (Version 0.1)
Ballistic Vest (Version 0.1)
Radio (Version 0.1)
Clipboard (Version 0.1)
Severed Hand (Version 0.1)
ReVision Eyedrops (Version 0.1)
Gas Mask (Version 0.1)
First Aid Kit (Version 0.1)
S-Nav(Version 0.1)
Hazmat Suit(Version 0.1)
Night Vision Goggles(Version 0.1)
Combos:
Severed Hand + Keycard (Version 0.1)

Working:
Now it's your turn 8)

Code:

Is on GitHub.
Futher informations: You just go here on master branch there are some legal stuff, search for something called "branch" and change it to "Mod-Files", any contributors will be added to NOTICE file that will be in Mod-Files-(Version here) and in master branch. Unfortunetly you have to have account on GitHub to be able to help. But who doesn't have GitHub these days :twisted: . There is second option though, you can post code here in a this maner and i will upload it :).

Code: Select all

code
Done:
You get SCP-914 achivement when you used 914 at least once, not when you enter 914 room.
When you are you turning the key or knob, camera doesn't move.
In menu when you turn off intro it stays off, and when you turn it on it stays on. (Default ON)
Gas Mask
Hazmat Suit
Batteries (Ahhh... yea i think so)

Working:
First Aid Kit 0%
Ballistic Vest 0%

S-NAV 0%
Radio 0%
Clipboard 75%
Night Vision Goggles 0%
Severed Hand 0%
Severed Hand + Keycard 0%
ReVision Eyedrops 0%

Planing:

item SCPs (Version 0.2)
Other (Version 0.2)
Documents (Version 0.2)
Keycards (Version 0.2)
In total 10 combos in Version 0.2

Version 0.1 Will be proof of concept and along the way i will need ambions and models and animations :\ unfotunetly i don't know how to do those sorry :'(
Last edited by Hisamera on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D

Re: SCP-914 [Question]

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing last night while playing the update. The experiment logs make 914 out to be unpredictable with its outputs. In-game it's extremely predictable and the only real hazard from it is accidentally picking up a refined battery or refining yourself.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."

Re: SCP-914 [Question]

The problem with that will be finding means to plan this mod. I'm in progress of finding a'la branching document so it could be easliy manged but couldn't find anything right now. It has to be online so anyone can find it and modify AND i would need someone to help with this project. This will be an easy road to create most elaborate SCP. About this document it should look like tree so the problem could be visualized.

EDIT: Found Dozens but going with Cacoo here

PS: If you have any ideas how to better improve mod quality or just have a sugestion fell free to ask, comment and subscribe :P
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D

Re: Better SCP-914 Mod [WIP]

KirbyMario12345 wrote:It's amazing that this thread has only had a couple of posts, your idea deserves way more attention because it's awesome! :D
Now i know how everybody is always thanking when i only congratulates them. So to not break tradition, Thanks. :wink:
KirbyMario12345 wrote:EDIT: By "protects you from breathing" I assume you mean suffocation, similar to what SCP-1048-A does?
Ah... about that, my english is only at B1/B2 level so if you see abominations like "Will i am" just correct me i would be grateful. I know when sentence is badly written but don't know how to write it correctly, and i was just writing theory for myself because nobody declared that he knowed about my mod (First comment is when i asked if making SCP-914 better would be good idea).

Re: Better SCP-914 Mod [WIP]

Question to programers, what is more efficient creating another item template or just activating function in game like in instance of gas mask, there are two items "gasmask" and "supergasmask" wouldn't it be wiser to just flip some boolean true and based on that add some function to main loop so only this function will fire up? I mean like this:

Code: Select all

Function Use914(item.Items, setting$, x#, y#, z#)
;bla bla bla
     Case "fine"
         it2 = CreateItem("Gas Mask", "gasmask", x, y, z)
         supergasmask = true
;bla bla bla;
Function MouseLook()
;bla bla bla
      If WearingGasMask
           If supergasmask Then Stamina = Min(100, Stamina + (100.0-Stamina)*0.01*FPSfactor) 
           Exit
           EndIf
;bla bla bla

Oh and i couldn't find any Blitz3D syntax documentation, is there a "Break" conterpart in Blitz3D language?