Re: SCPCBIrrlicht

Ninjabuntu wrote:I am looking forward to play testing and sending you lots of Alpha Testing Reports very soon. Just need to find the time to actually start playing games again.
Thanks, I'd really appreciate that.
Ninjabuntu wrote:Why Irrlicht over say Unreal, Source or Unity Engines? Well I guess source is out of the questions, but the others two can handle randomly generated game spaces with a little effort.
Irrlicht is an open-source engine, which allows me to change or fix anything that doesn't work as I need. The license for Irrlicht is also very permissive, which doesn't really matter for SCPCB, but I plan on using it for other projects.
GIMLI_2 wrote:scp 173 got "stuck" the first 2 minutes. when i blinked it just turned its facing direction to me but did not get closer. later it worked (dont know why)
Yeah, I'll fix this soon.

juanjpro wrote:Irrlicht is an open-source engine, which allows me to change or fix anything that doesn't work as I need. The license for Irrlicht is also very permissive, which doesn't really matter for SCPCB, but I plan on using it for other projects.
I get the FOSS, I work as much Open Source Software as I can such as Blender, GiMP, Inkscape, OpenOffice and I have a Dual Boot into Ubuntu Linux which I use slightly more often then my windows 10.

Opensource is awesome when done well.

I looked into using Irrlicht a while ago as my graphics engine of choice a while ago, but being an artistic none coding sort, decided that if I am going to have to wear so many hats in a single man studio, I should use an engine that is expanded by code to teach myself how to program.

It's slow moving, but I am making great progress. Trouble is after my :EXPUNGED: many years ago, my mind no long thinks in a Linear Logical fashion. People may notice this which how I type and the haphazard ways which I tend to write out my thought.

Mostly I am a Static Environmental and Props asset artist, But I have been know to dabble into Character creation and have quickly discovered that while i hate making the character mesh it self, I have a strange love of animation of those characters afterwards.

thanks for the insight of the decision to use Irrlicht. You are making great use of it as far as I can tell.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

juanjpro wrote:Occlusion query was disabled for SCP-173 because it is a major performance hog. Right now 173 will behave almost exactly as it does in vanilla scpcb (you can "see" it through walls), I'll look for a better alternative to occlusion queries.
Jesus Christ, just the thought of him moving to the edge of your line of sight is spooky. I guess it was just 2spooky though.

So, uhh, for those of us who can't download the demos... Uhh yeah.
Another video perhaps? Sorry to be such a pain.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

I really think 173 looks perfect. 178-1 could use a specular map, though.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.